When: November 14-21, 2015
Priority Registration Deadline: August 1, 2015
Regular Registration Deadline: September 19, 2015
Open to homeschoolers throughout the US and beyond.
Membership not required.
Join us at Disney World November 14-21, 2015 and enjoy all four theme parks, behind-the-scenes educational programs, water parks, DisneyQuest, miniature golf courses, and more!
The Priority Registration Deadline is for families who want to reserve their FastPass times at least 60 days in advance of our group arrival date (for those staying at a Disney Resort) and 30 days in advance (for those staying off Disney property).
The Regular Registration Deadline is for families who don’t care about reserving their FastPass times in advance or who miss the priority deadline.
Weather in November is usually in the 70’s and low 80’s, so it’s still warm enough to enjoy the water parks. Even so, Disney is already breaking out the Christmas decorations, and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the Osborne Family’s Spectacle of Dancing Lights are in full swing. (If the beautiful lights and snow don’t get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will!)
To top it off, we’ll catch the end of Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival, where you can spend an evening “eating around the world.”
- We’re maxing out our educational programs. I’ve scheduled additional programs in order to accommodate all our students, but the earlier you register, the better your chances of getting the programs you want, on the dates/times you prefer.
- If you’ve been trying to decide between my Disney 2015 trip or waiting until 2016, go this year. Ticket prices will increase considerably in 2016, and tickets over 5 days won’t be discounted at all. A 5-day ticket will cost $75 more than this year’s 7-day ticket. A 4-day ticket will cost $18 more than this year’s 7-day ticket. Our tickets will be discounted off regular ticket prices, but I’d still recommend going this year, if you have a choice.
- We’ve maxed out of 6:00 pm Cirque du Soleil tickets. I’m requesting more tickets for the 9:00 pm performance.
- We have plenty of extra adult Disney tickets, so there’s currently no waiting list for Disney tickets.
Disney World Tickets
Our group tickets for Disney World are $280 per person (ages 3 and up). This price includes your registration fee, and the following features:
- 7-day Hopper Tickets – you can hop between all four parks each day. The seven days do not have to be consecutive. They’re valid from November 7 to November 28. They will expire after November 28, even if you haven’t used all 7 days.
Note: To qualify for our group tickets, you and your student(s) must attend an educational program on November 15-18. (One program is also available on November 19). Since programs are located in the Disney parks (except for the Backstage at La Nouba program on November 19), you must have at least one park day left on the ticket to attend the program. If your student does not attend the program, you may be charged the difference between regular gate prices and our discounted tickets.
- 7 Fun Passes – you’ll have 7 passes (per ticket) to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Park, Blizzard Beach Water Park or Typhoon Lagoon Water Park (one is usually closed for refurbishment in November), Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf and Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf (before 4:00 pm), and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Note: Your passes are included in your ticket and are good from November 7 to November 28. If you visit two different attractions on the same day, then you’ve used two out of the seven passes. If you visit one of them in the morning, go out for lunch, then return to the same attraction on the same day, that counts as only one passed used.
- Educational Program – one behind-the-scenes educational program for each student in your party in grades K-12.
Note: Student participation is required to qualify for our discounted park tickets. One program per student is included in the price of the tickets. Extra programs are available for an additional $29 per student, per program.
More information about tickets, our refund policy, and more is available on my Disney World Registration page.
Cirque du Soleil – La Nouba
I have reserved seats for our group at the 6:00 pm (full) and 9:00 pm Cirque du Soleil – La Nouba performances on Wednesday, November 18. (Students who register for Disney’s Backstage at La Nouba program must attend one of these performances.)
This is a wonderfully entertaining show and well worth the price of admission. Families who’ve been to Cirque du Soleil performances in other areas (Las Vegas, etc.) have told me that Disney’s show (La Nouba) is the best they’ve seen, and many have told me it was one of the highlights of their trip. Tickets prices are estimated to be $59 per person (ages 3 and up).
Universal 2-day park-to-park tickets are $130 per person (ages 3 and up). This covers both parks (Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios) on both days, so you’ll be able to ride the Hogwarts Express from one park to the other.
The tickets will be valid from around November 7-28, 2015, and you can choose the days you want to visit during that time. However, you must use both days within 7 days of first use. The clock starts ticking the first time you use the ticket.
In my opinion, Universal has done an amazing job with both Harry Potter worlds. If you’re a fan, being able to experience these worlds is well worth the price of admission. Just watch out for these guys!
Hurricane season doesn’t end until November 30. Disney will work with us on a case-by-case basis in the event of a direct hit (or anticipated direct hit) from a hurricane right before our arrival or during our stay. There are no guarantees, but they’ll almost definitely refund unused tickets. If the tickets are partially used they’ll work with us to finish the use of the tickets. If there’s just heavy rain from a hurricane, they won’t refund our tickets – we’ll just have to deal with the rain. I’ll do my best on your behalf if there’s an event that impacts our stay, but there are no guarantees. Please register with this in mind.