When: September 4-8, 2015
Registration Deadline: May 31, 2015
Open to homeschoolers in other states, membership is not required.
We’ve reached our maximum for this trip, but will still accept registrations in case of cancellations. Waitlisted families will be notified if space becomes available.
We’re going back to New York City in September 2015! We plan to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, tour the Tenement Museum to see how early immigrants really lived, watch a Broadway play and explore Times Square, get great views of the city from the top of the Empire State Building, visit Ground Zero, tour the New Amsterdam Theater, and more! (This itinerary may change until prices for fall 2015 are finalized.)
The registration deadline is May 31, 2015, but seats are limited and early registrants will have a better chance of being confirmed.
We’ll use chartered buses for this trip, starting and ending in Lancaster, SC. We’ll pick up families along the way in NC, VA, and MD. Families who don’t live along our route will need to arrange their own transportation to one of our pick-up points, or meet us at our hotel (car, plane, rail, whatever). Your cost will remain the same regardless of where you meet us since you’ll need your seats on the bus to tour the city.
Cost and What’s Included
Pricing for fall 2015 isn’t finalized yet, so these are best-guess estimates. Please register knowing that your final cost may be a little higher (or hopefully lower) than these estimates:
Family of 2: $2,050
Family of 3: $2,675
Family of 4: $3,300
Family of 5: $3,925
Family of 6: $4,550
For larger families, combine the prices above for an estimate. For example, a family of 7 would add the cost for a family of 4 to the cost for a family of 3 and that would be the estimate.
These estimates include your hotel for four nights, breakfast for each person in your room from Saturday through Tuesday, two group dinners, all admissions on our itinerary, and your seats on the bus for touring. It does not include other meals or anything else you do on your own.
Our hotel has two-room suites with two double beds, plus a full-size pull-out sofa (accommodating a maximum of 6, each family will have their own room). Rooms include a refrigerator and microwave.
Payment Terms and Schedule
A $50 per-person non-refundable deposit is due 7 days from the date I confirm your registration. An additional $300 per person is due by January 31, 2015. The balance is due by May 31, 2015.
We accept checks, bank checks, BillPay through your bank, and money orders. We can’t accept PayPal for this trip, but credit card convenience checks are fine.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
The $50 per person deposit is not refundable for any reason. The rest of your payments are refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you. No replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made after May 31, 2015.
Your signed waiver and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
This event may be cancelled if we don’t have enough participants to meet the minimum required. If it’s cancelled, you’ll receive a full refund.
If you plan to arrange your own transportation to our hotel, don’t purchase non-refundable airfare until I confirm the trip. The airlines have their own refund policies, and I have no control over payment and refunds.
Important Things to Know
- Homeschoolers in other states (and Canada, and beyond) are welcome to join us.
- You’ll walk a lot during this trip, even with our bus. If you have problems that won’t allow you to walk for extended periods during the day, please consider postponing your trip until you’re more able.
- Start a walking program before the trip if you don’t ordinarily do much walking. Be sure to walk in the shoes you’ll be using for the trip. Don’t buy new shoes without breaking them in thoroughly. Trust me on this one.
- I don’t recommend this trip for very young children, especially those who still needs strollers and/or naps. Although I try to minimize wait times as much as possible, we’ll still stand in line at some sites, and younger children will get antsy. Also, our Broadway play will be suitable for children, but younger children may not be able to sit quietly through a performance.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive an email within 10 minutes saying that your registration posted correctly, email me.
- Within a few days, I’ll email you with payment information and to confirm your spots at the event.
- Payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my email.
- You’ll get an email confirmation when I receive your payment.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.