Become a Carolina Homeschooler Outsider and enjoy picnics, hiking, geocaching, educational activities, playing games, camping, and making friends at South Carolina’s state parks!
Each visit is different, but all focus on making connections with other Carolina Homeschooler members, exploring SC’s historic sites and natural resources, and spending quality family time together outside (and away from electronics!).
When: Throughout the year
Where: All over South Carolina
Registration Deadline: None – join us whenever!
Membership is required for our Outsiders events.
Who can attend? Do I have to attend every outing?
This group is open to Carolina Homeschooler members. You don’t have to attend every event – just join in when you can!
How much does this cost?
There’s no extra cost, other than the optional Park Passport (see below), or the individual park fees if you don’t buy the Passport. Carolina Homeschooler covers the cost of renting picnic shelters and reserving most special park programs.
Outsider events may be cancelled and rescheduled due to rain/inclement weather.
Parks We’ve Visited
Andrew Jackson State Park
Cheraw State Park
Chester State Park
Croft State Park
Dreher Island State Park
Goodale State Park
Kings Mountain State Park
Lake Greenwood State Park
Landsford Canal State Park
Musgrove Mill State Historic Site
Myrtle Beach State Park
Rose Hill Plantation Historic Site
Sesquicentennial State Park
Table Rock State Park
Want to join us?
Here’s how to join our Outsiders group:
- Be member of Carolina Homeschooler (see our membership area for more information)
- Optional – Get an Official Guide to South Carolina Parks online (small shipping fee) or at a park near you (free). We take our guides to all the parks/sites we visit to get them stamped. If we get stamps for all the parks, we’ll win an Ultimate Outsider t-shirt. (I think you need one per person, so each person can get a t-shirt.)
- Optional – Consider buying a Park Passport instead of paying park fees every time you visit. (You only need one to cover your whole family. I get the Plus so it covers many extra programs at the parks. It pays for itself by the end of the year.)
- If you want both the guide and the Plus Passport, here’s a link to get both online or you can get them at most parks. (This isn’t required to go to our Outsiders events.)
- Members will receive news of upcoming outsider events in member newsletters. If you confirm attendance for an event, you’ll receive updates and reminders for that event.