Need information about homeschooling in South Carolina? We're here to help! The different areas of our website will tell you more about us, explain how to legally homeschool in SC, answer a lot of the questions newcomers ask, provide information about local events and group trips, provide links to resources, and help you connect with our community and local support groups.
Need an association to comply with SC's homeschool law?
We've recently expanded to provide Third Option membership as mandated by Section 59-65-47 in the SC Code of Laws. Our membership services focus on providing an interactive online community for students and parents, as well as outside field trips and classes. Whether you need us to comply with SC's "third option" homeschool law, or just want to take advantage of our online (and offline) community and events, we hope you'll consider joining us for the 2013-2014 school year.
Many of the resources at this site aren't specific to SC, and you can still participate in many of our events and trips without becoming a member. If you want to become a member to join us for our online (and offline) educational community, that's fine, too. We'd love to have you with us!
This has been an amazing year of new experiences for
me. I've enjoyed providing new services for Option 3
homeschoolers in South Carolina and for out-of-state
families who enjoy the extra events and online
As the year winds down, plans for next year are already underway. I'll schedule field trips throughout the state, especially in Columbia, the upstate, coastal, and low-country areas, where I have a lot of members. And we'll continue with the online book groups and workshops since they're popular with our students.
The major trips I've planned for next year are Washington DC, Disney World, a trip to Italy, and maybe another trip to New York City since I had so many families on the waiting list for our May 2014 trip. I hope to add our Fort Caswell marine science camp back to the schedule in the spring or early summer of 2015, and I've added a cruise to the Western Caribbean in January of 2016. I'm also working on camping trips, and an end-of-year event for us - something the children (and parents!) can look forward to every year.
Many thanks to the wonderful families who've allowed me to be a part of their homeschool journey this year. I'm looking forward to even more adventures together next year!
• Join us for a private Atalaya Castle Sleepover at Huntington Beach State Park!
• Spend the night on the USS Yorktown!
• Become an Outsider and visit all of SC's 47 State Parks with us!
• Registration is open for our New York City 2015 trip!
• Join us for online book groups, a Latin class, and our Oregon Trail journey for members this summer!
• Explore Venice, Florence, Rome, Pisa, Verona, Assisi, and Pompeii with us!
• Join us for the MythBusters: Behind the Myths show and see Jamie and Adam match wits on stage with each other and members of the audience.
• Sail away with us on our Western Caribbean Cruise!
• Join us in the lowcountry for our Barrier Island Ecology Adventure and Boone Hall Plantation/Fort Moultrie tours
We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions about our website, events, and trips. Email or write to us at:
PO Box 1421
Lancaster SC 29721
Paperback | Kindle | Audiobook
March 5-14, 2015
September 4-8, 2015
January 3-10, 2016