Dealton

hope and life scholarship

Dealton

Hi all,

I am still relatively new to homeschooling. I have been doing it for a couple of years. SC offers hope and life scholarships for college. Does anyone know how this works with homeshooling? From what i have seen it looks as if to get the max benefit the student must have a 3.5 or above gpa. If that is the case, how do i go about generating a transcript? 

Thanks in advance, Rick

Dianna

Hi Rick,

In order to qualify for a state scholarship, your student's transcript will have to come from the association you're registered with. Since they'll be helping you with that, email them for more information about how they do their transcripts.

Warmly,
Dianna

Dealton

Last year i started with this association, would I get that from you?

Dianna

Hi Rick,

I do transcripts and scholarship guidance for seniors in my association, so if you're members of my association during your student's senior year, you would get the transcript from me. (I'd forward it to the school on your behalf, too.)

Warmly,

Dianna

Dianna

You're welcome. :)

Dianna

mthibodeau

Good evening! I am aware of the Hope and Life scholarships for the in-state schools, however, my seniors are going out of state. Where do I look for scholarships when attending out of state schools?

Thanks,

Melissa 

Dianna

Hi Melissa,

You'd check with the colleges your student is interested in attending. Since your students would be out-of-state, it's unlikely they'd qualify for any of the state scholarships (if any are offered), so you'll have to rely solely on college scholarships or scholarships sponsored by others (companies, College Board, etc.) where location doesn't matter.

Check with your (or your husband's) employer to see if they offer scholarships to children of employees, and any other organization you belong to (church, 4H, scouts, etc.).

Warmly,

Dianna

Dianna

Also, Carolina Homeschooler members can check in my High School Guidance Office area for scholarship announcements.

Warmly,

Dianna