No replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

We organized two space programs at the Challenger Learning Center in Columbia, SC - one for students in K4-3rd grade, and one for students in grades 4-12. Both were a hit! I wasn't able to attend due to two parents in the hospital, so I'll just post some of the comments from my families:

"The program was excellent! Staff was very knowledgeable. Loved the flight simulators and intro flying lesson. Mission Control was so cool - actually cooler than being on the shuttle - but that was fun too. Far exceeded my expectations!"

"My kids loved it. The crew is so much fun!!! It's a winner for our family."

"My children really enjoyed it, and were even asked to pose for promotional pictures in their costumes following the program."

"This program was phenomenal! It was both, fun and educational. The activities that were planned were very engaging, and gave us a real feel for what happens at the command center and the space station. The simulated pilot program where we got to "fly a plane" was well presented and, once again, provided the hands-on experience. Five years ago, my family and I visited Kennedy Space Center. Well, the Challenger Learning Center facility, the staff, and the event itself made me feel like I was back in FL, if not better. We drove almost two hours to be there and it was well worth it."

"This was our first trip and my daughter loved it. She learned many things. I would recommend this again."

"Awesome! A definite must! Have lived in Columbia all my life and never knew about this place."

"We had a great time at Friday's event. I think we received excellent value for our dollar. My son is profoundly ADHD and I am always concerned that he'll misbehave during programs like this one. He was totally engaged the entire time; I had to redirect him only a few times. We found the teachers to be friendly and engaging, their enthusiasm and professionalism made the day delightful for both of us."

"I attended with my 13-year-old. The trip exceeded our expectations, was well organized (by you and the center) and was well worth the fee. I definitely would attend again. This is my first experience with one of your outings. I appreciate the clear communications, deadlines, attention to detail that you put into the trip."

Thanks to all of the families who emailed reviews of the program. Since I had a waiting list of families unable to go, I'm scheduling another Mission to Space for March 2013. I hope you can join us!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space, science, trip reports