#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Flight School - January 2013

We organized three Flight Schools at the Challenger Learning Center in Columbia, SC, for students in 4th-12th grades, all of which have received favorable reviews so far. Parents and children were surprised at the scope and depth of the content (it counts for ground school credit toward a pilot's license).

Here's a summary of their comments:

"It was fabulous. We have a lot of experience in general aviation, and it was at just the right level to keep both of us interested and enjoyable."

"The program was everything we expected, and more. I wish we could have spent another day! Thank you! Please continue this in the future."

"My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the class. It was much more serious than I thought. We did not realize it could count as actual ground school credit! Since she is interested in getting her pilot’s license someday, that was a huge bonus. I was expecting it to be more like learning about flight school, more of a rinky-dink sort of field trip opportunity, and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the program."

"The class was interesting and educational. The teacher seemed very competent and personable. My head is still spinning with all the knowledge crammed into those few hours. Excellent."

"It was a great course. My son really enjoyed it, the length was fine for an introduction course. The instructor was very good, and the facility itself was nice too."

"My son and I had fun at the flight school. We learned interesting facts that we didn't know and enjoyed the time spent practicing flying. The class was about the right length and we appreciated the break in the middle. The flight logs were a nice takeaway too. Thank you for scheduling it."

"The instructor did a terrific job of presenting a huge amount of information in a short time. We felt like we had really been pilots in flight school for the day! Our favorite part by far was being on the simulators. It was extremely educational - biology, physics, technology, science, space, etc. Almost overwhelming! Our brains were tired from trying to take so much info in. It was very interesting - some parts went over the students heads. The program was long - but I don't know how you would shrink so much info into a smaller day."

Thanks to everyone who attended. We had a waiting list, so I've scheduled more for March 2013.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flight school, trip reports