• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer Berry

Jennifer Berry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Anyone ever done this and have reviews?  I've been thinking about it, but the reviews range from "magical" to "crazy crowded, don't waste your money".  I was hoping that since we're going on a low-crowd week that the parties might lean more towards magical, but I guess you never know.  Would love to hear any thoughts.

Either way we're going to tour the Osborne Family Festival of Lights, and that's free! LOL

• GeraldTen likes this

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Jennifer, I've never done it, but families on my trips have shared their reviews with me. Basically, you nailed it when you said they range from magical to a crowded waste of time and money. Three or four years ago, the "magical" reviews would have outnumbered the "waste" reviews, but I think it tips the other way now because even low-crowd times get more and more crowded each year. Also, from what I've heard, Disney has increased the number of tickets they sell for this event, so it's gotten more crowded because of that. Usually the Halloween party gets better reviews, but even that event is getting more crowded and is getting fewer favorable reviews now.

All that said, I've had a few families who said their kids thought it was the highlight of their trip and well worth the extra money.

Hopefully others who've been recently will chime in.

• GeraldTen likes this

#3 Natalie Mason Renick

Natalie Mason Renick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

A few years ago, it was magical. I think Disney got greedy and started to sell more and more tickets. It was considerably more crowded the last time we went and there were not as many places that served the free cookies and hot chocolate that the kids (and let's face it, the parents!) really enjoy having. The parade was wonderful but the lines for the rides were just as long as coming on a regular day. My family probably won't be going again. 

• GeraldTen likes this

#4 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

We've always had a magical time!  I think it really depends upon the day that you select.  With the earlier  Nov.  time and going on a week-night there should be less of the crowd than in Dec. or on a weekend.  We don't purchase our tickets until we arrive at Disney so we can check weather and see if the night is more crowded.

• GeraldTen likes this

#5 Jennifer Berry

Jennifer Berry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thank you all for weighing in. Ultimately we decided against it for one reason: sleep. If we had done MVMCP it would have been at the beginning of the week, and I WOULD get my money out of that sucker and stay til midnight, lol, and then we would have to make that sleep up somewhere. With all the classes being early morning, and our desire to try and make some rope drops, it just didn't make sense to throw ourselves off schedule. Next time ! :-)
  • GeraldTen likes this