39 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Which do you want to visit this year? Disney, Universal, or SeaWorld?

Dianna

#2 Rebecca Pardede

Rebecca Pardede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hi Dianna,

If I had one to choose from, it would be Disney. My favourite, EPCOT; my least Universal; so-so with Animal Kingdom but to stalky enjoyed their expensive Rainforest Restaurant.

#3 Rebecca Pardede

Rebecca Pardede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

*stalky* misspelt, totally
  • Debra likes this

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Epcot is my favorite park, too! I didn't get to go to SeaWorld last year with the group (the rest of my family went, but I had to stay at the hotel), so I'm looking forward to seeing that this year. And Universal is going to do some educational tours for us that sound very interesting, so I'm looking forward to those. You can go to all three destinations, or just choose one or two. I'm making plans for all of them!

Warmly,
Dianna

• Cristin Golden likes this

#5 Michelle Townes Lofton

Michelle Townes Lofton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

I love the idea of going to all three!  There is something about all of them that my family enjoys.  We are die-hard Disney fans, but my kids love the E.T. ride at Universal, and the SeaWorld shows.  This will be our first trip with you, and we are excited!  We've taken some classes at Disney, but never at Universal, so I'm looking forward to that, too.  

#6 Christy Johnson Brown

Christy Johnson Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

We are looking forward to joining Carolina Homeschoolers this fall and would enjoy all 3 parks.  We love Disney and Universal and are looking forward to the classes & some rides my kids were too small for last time we were there.  Guess we better start saving now for the trip.   It should be so much fun!  Is this forum where updates will be posted about dates, costs, etc.?  Or should we still check the Carolina Homeschooler website?  Thanks!

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Christy, I'll post announcements everywhere for now. I'd like to transition away from Facebook eventually, due to the privacy concerns of my members, but will try to make sure every base is covered until I do.

Warmly,

Dianna

#8 Jennifer Higgins Scott

Jennifer Higgins Scott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Disney is always a family favorite, but we've been talking about visiting Universal.

• pmaronson likes this

#9 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Jennifer, I think you'd enjoy the educational tours they're offering. You won't have to register for them to get the discounted (unlike Disney, the tours are a separate thing and they cost extra), but they sound great.

Dianna

#10 Carmen Cox Ledford

Carmen Cox Ledford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I am thinking about Disney World.

#11 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I love the idea of going to all three!  There is something about all of them that my family enjoys.  We are die-hard Disney fans, but my kids love the E.T. ride at Universal, and the SeaWorld shows.  This will be our first trip with you, and we are excited!  We've taken some classes at Disney, but never at Universal, so I'm looking forward to that, too.  

Michelle, I wasn't able to make SeaWorld with the group last year, so I'm looking forward to that. This is the first year I've scheduled educational tours with Universal, but they sound very good. They seem very behind-the-scenes. I'll post info about them soon.

#12 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I am thinking about Disney World.

Carmen, Disney is plenty to fill up your time, especially if you've never been, or haven't been in a while.

#13 Tracie Johnson McGinniss

Tracie Johnson McGinniss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Even though we are going earlier we too are doing all three. I find Universal not so good for little ones so my 4yo and 1yo and I might skip out(and save a little money) and take a down day while the rest vistlit Universal. I think Animal K is our least favorite Disney park but then I find that HS is not so good for my little ones either. We will probably do a half day there. I know I can't wait. We are about a month away from being 180 days and making adr. I am so hoping for free dining but we will see!
  • Dianna likes this

#14 DawnM

DawnM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I would love to go a day or two to Universal.  We aren't that big on Sea World and probably wouldn't be interested in that.  We used to go during HS days in San Diego some but the kids were never that into it.

Dawn

#15 DawnM

DawnM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Dianna,

How many days are you looking at for Universal and can you choose how many days you wish to go or is it a set amount?

Dawn

#16 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Dianna,

How many days are you looking at for Universal and can you choose how many days you wish to go or is it a set amount?

Dawn

Dawn, I'll probably do the 2-day ticket. Families who've been before said that the one-day ticket wasn't quite enough, and with the educational tours, I worry that we'll need that extra days. They're not much more than the 1-day ticket, if I remember right (too many dates and numbers running through my head...).

#17 Jennifer Berry

Jennifer Berry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

IF we are able to go our priority is Disney.  The kids would probably say Sea World next, while I feel drawn to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universale like a magnet. :P   I'm hoping the dates will be around my two younger kids' birthdays (11/19 and /22) AND that we can afford to go!

#18 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Jennifer, I think you'll be happy with our dates, but I can't confirm until Disney confirms. Soon... soon... hopefully! ;)

#19 DawnM

DawnM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I too hope the dates come out.  We are somewhat limited on which weeks we can go.

#20 Rex Hendricks

Rex Hendricks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, Is by far the best theme park I have ever been to. Living in SC The wife and I had bought annual passes 5 years in a row. The only thing that stopped us after 5 years was having a baby. We cannot wait to take our 2 little girls to Universal. The girls would love Disney the most, and I would want Sea World for the "science" value. But my personal favorite is Universal.

• Dianna likes this