• Announcements

• Dianna

Upgrade Complete!   08/23/2016

Thank you for being so patient while I upgraded our message boards. Some attachments haven't transferred. If a post has an attachment, but you don't see it, please let me know and I'll re-attach.
Dianna

Which do you want to visit this year?

40 posts in this topic

Which do you want to visit this year? Disney, Universal, or SeaWorld?

Dianna

Hi Dianna,

If I had one to choose from, it would be Disney. My favourite, EPCOT; my least Universal; so-so with Animal Kingdom but to stalky enjoyed their expensive Rainforest Restaurant.

Epcot is my favorite park, too! I didn't get to go to SeaWorld last year with the group (the rest of my family went, but I had to stay at the hotel), so I'm looking forward to seeing that this year. And Universal is going to do some educational tours for us that sound very interesting, so I'm looking forward to those. You can go to all three destinations, or just choose one or two. I'm making plans for all of them!

Warmly,
Dianna

1 person likes this

I love the idea of going to all three!  There is something about all of them that my family enjoys.  We are die-hard Disney fans, but my kids love the E.T. ride at Universal, and the SeaWorld shows.  This will be our first trip with you, and we are excited!  We've taken some classes at Disney, but never at Universal, so I'm looking forward to that, too.  

We are looking forward to joining Carolina Homeschoolers this fall and would enjoy all 3 parks.  We love Disney and Universal and are looking forward to the classes & some rides my kids were too small for last time we were there.  Guess we better start saving now for the trip.   It should be so much fun!  Is this forum where updates will be posted about dates, costs, etc.?  Or should we still check the Carolina Homeschooler website?  Thanks!

Christy, I'll post announcements everywhere for now. I'd like to transition away from Facebook eventually, due to the privacy concerns of my members, but will try to make sure every base is covered until I do.

Warmly,

Dianna

Jennifer, I think you'd enjoy the educational tours they're offering. You won't have to register for them to get the discounted (unlike Disney, the tours are a separate thing and they cost extra), but they sound great.

Dianna

I love the idea of going to all three!  There is something about all of them that my family enjoys.  We are die-hard Disney fans, but my kids love the E.T. ride at Universal, and the SeaWorld shows.  This will be our first trip with you, and we are excited!  We've taken some classes at Disney, but never at Universal, so I'm looking forward to that, too.  

Michelle, I wasn't able to make SeaWorld with the group last year, so I'm looking forward to that. This is the first year I've scheduled educational tours with Universal, but they sound very good. They seem very behind-the-scenes. I'll post info about them soon.

I am thinking about Disney World.

Carmen, Disney is plenty to fill up your time, especially if you've never been, or haven't been in a while.

Even though we are going earlier we too are doing all three. I find Universal not so good for little ones so my 4yo and 1yo and I might skip out(and save a little money) and take a down day while the rest vistlit Universal. I think Animal K is our least favorite Disney park but then I find that HS is not so good for my little ones either. We will probably do a half day there. I know I can't wait. We are about a month away from being 180 days and making adr. I am so hoping for free dining but we will see!

1 person likes this

I would love to go a day or two to Universal.  We aren't that big on Sea World and probably wouldn't be interested in that.  We used to go during HS days in San Diego some but the kids were never that into it.

Dawn

Dianna,

How many days are you looking at for Universal and can you choose how many days you wish to go or is it a set amount?

Dawn

Dianna,

How many days are you looking at for Universal and can you choose how many days you wish to go or is it a set amount?

Dawn

Dawn, I'll probably do the 2-day ticket. Families who've been before said that the one-day ticket wasn't quite enough, and with the educational tours, I worry that we'll need that extra days. They're not much more than the 1-day ticket, if I remember right (too many dates and numbers running through my head...).

1 person likes this

IF we are able to go our priority is Disney.  The kids would probably say Sea World next, while I feel drawn to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universale like a magnet. :P   I'm hoping the dates will be around my two younger kids' birthdays (11/19 and /22) AND that we can afford to go!

1 person likes this

Jennifer, I think you'll be happy with our dates, but I can't confirm until Disney confirms. Soon... soon... hopefully! ;)

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, Is by far the best theme park I have ever been to. Living in SC The wife and I had bought annual passes 5 years in a row. The only thing that stopped us after 5 years was having a baby. We cannot wait to take our 2 little girls to Universal. The girls would love Disney the most, and I would want Sea World for the "science" value. But my personal favorite is Universal.

1 person likes this

Rex, I'm really excited about going to Universal this year. I got group tickets last year, but we didn't go. This year, we definitely plan to.

Warmly,

Dianna

1 person likes this

We have luckily been to Diney about 10 times in as many years. Love it...pure family enjoyment, no matter what park!

I took my son to Universal last year and we literally spent the entire day doing Hogwarts...which is all he wanted :)

I've been to Seaworld 2x and love it. Kids love it, it has a great climbing area for all ages and the fireworks were beautiful.

I don't think you can loose on any of it...YOU make it what it is!

1 person likes this

Definitely all three!  Especially with the new Fantasyland opening in Disney.  We've done just about everything there is to do at Disney, except that.  Looking forward to the Universal educational tours, too.  DS loves Wizarding World. We had annual passes a couple of years ago, but haven't been able to go since then, so he's going into withdrawal. Are you setting up the SeaWorld field trip/group rate?  I came to the forum this morning to ask if you would be doing that, and found this thread.  We did that last year with another, very informal group.  It was really just one mom that put it together and said "Who wants to go?".  We had a great time, and couldn't believe the great price on the tickets! We really hope that we will be able to join you guys.  Just waiting on firm dates so we can check hubby's work schedule.

Hi Kaye,

Yes, I'll be doing the SeaWorld field trip, too. The discount is too good to pass up!

Warmly,

Dianna

Disney is our favorite!  Haven't tried Universal.  The oldest four always wanted too, but now the oldest two are married.  Is it worth it with these ages: 19, 17, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2  Went to Sea World with the oldest four and would love to go again with the younger ones!  It has been so long what do you think are the "just right" ages to go to Sea World?