2 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

We (125 total) had an amazing time at the Strange Science field trip to Discovery Place! Our students (all ages) enjoyed the very hands-on exhibits and demonstrations. Since we went during a low-crowd day, they were able to engage in everything the museum had to offer. Parents enjoyed watching their children (including the teens) have such a great time together. We also enjoyed meeting new families and "talking shop" while the kids enjoyed each other's company.

The museum staff appeared to enjoy our group, with one staff member telling a group of parents, "I hope you're enjoying your visit here as much as we're enjoying you being here!" We definitely did! As a matter of fact, we didn't even realize the museum was closing until they came by to tell us - we wish we could've stayed longer. But no worries... we'll definitely be back, and we hope you'll be able to join us next time! :)

Here are a few pictures from our outing (my batteries ran out very early in the visit, and I didn't have replacements, you'll have to sign in to view the pictures): http://www.carolinah...nce-field-trip/

Warmly,

Dianna

#2 Monica Melograna-Ward

Monica Melograna-Ward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

My son LOVED Discovery place's hands on active format including the strange matter exhibit. Could not drag him away to Imax show. Would like it included in Summer field trip if at all posible since we could all go as a group. Thanx Dianna for our first experience wiith your well-run homeschool suport. Wonderful!, :-) Monica

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Monica, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! They're hosting the Animal Grossology exhibit starting in May (if everything goes as scheduled), so I'll coordinate another one then. Depending on how long the Grossology exhibit stays, it may be best for us to wait until August (when the rest of the world is back in school), so we can have the museum to ourselves again without having to fight the usual crowds.

Warmly,

Dianna

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: science, trips