• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle Townes Lofton

Michelle Townes Lofton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Do most families going on the Disney trip stay the entire week from 11/16-11/23?  I am wondering if a shorter trip will be worth it.  My kids are dying to return to Disney, but my job is sending me on a business trip from 11/14-16, so we won't be able to fly down to Florida until 11/17, and we'd have to leave on 11/23 to get home to re-pack and head out of town to spend Thanksgiving with family.  

In your opinion, would the shorter trip feel too rushed?  We've been to Disney several times, but always for at least  a week or more.  

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Michelle, some families stay fewer days than that, so I think it would still be a nice trip. We're staying only one more day than you (arriving on the 16th), and we're planning to do all three (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal). I wouldn't recommend doing all three for families who've never been to Disney before and want to spend most of their time there, but, for us, it's fine.

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 Jennifer Berry

Jennifer Berry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

If you've been before, so you have seen alot and don't feel pressured to see "everything", AND you have few enough children that them being in classes won't take up half of each day you're there, then I would still totally go! :-)  You have five full days there, which is enough to have some time at each park plus hit Disney Quest or water parks or whatever.  You may not get all your money's worth out of the 7-day tickets, but they're SUCH a good deal that I would still be okay with it.  Whenever we've gone my whole life, it's always been for 4-5 days.  I'm excited this time to be doing 9 nights, but that doesn't make any of those shorter trips any less enjoyable!