Photo

Group Hotel - Disney's Dolphin Resort (updated for 2014)

disney world hotel

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi everyone,

We were able to get the price under $173/night, including tax, parking, resort fee, etc.

The rooms have two oversize double beds (almost queens), and they'll bring in a roll-away (based on availability) without charging the extra $25 per night they usually charge, so these rooms will accommodate a family of 5. They usually charge for over two in a room above a certain age, but they've waived that for our group, too, so the price you see is what you'll be charged - no surprises.

For more info, see http://www.carolinah...travelwdw1.html

If you have any questions, feel free to post here.

Warmly,
Dianna

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

The rates extend for three days before and after our main group dates. They may extend farther than that, depending on availability.

Warmly,
Dianna

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

* Couldn't seem to edit the post about the Dolphin room size versus Disney rooms, been too long I guess, but to be clear.  I was stating that at Disney in a deluxe room you can have the room occupancy wether it is 4 at Wilderness Lodge or 5 at Beach Club AND a child under the age of three.  They do not count under the age of 3 "as a person".  Sounds bad when written, but that is what they have always said so to speak.

I understand - I hope to get an answer from them today so you can plan which year is better for you to go.

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

The max allowed in each room is 5 people, and that includes infants, toddlers, etc. The typical number for the room is 4, but they allow five and will provide a roll-away (if available) at no extra charge for our group (usually it's an extra fee... $25 per night, I think). But that's their limit - 5 per room.

#5 Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRockmart, Georgia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Diana,

This is probably a stupid question, I apologize in advance... Does the Dophin do transportation to Universal/Seaworld? We are thinking of just doing those two this year, as my husband can't get off work long enough to do the Disney this time...

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

Theresa, they only provide transportation to Disney parks, Downtown Disney, etc... (where Disney transportation usually goes). I know you can hire a shuttle, and one of my families last year said that they took a public bus from Disney's Ticket and Transportation Center to Universal for very low cost (not sure if it was to SeaWorld, too). I'll try to dig up that info.

Warmly,

Dianna

#7 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Trying to get this all clear.  When we register, we pay for all the tickets with the registration.  Then I am assuming you give us a packet.  Do we book our own Dolphin reservations with a group # or do they go through you?  The reason I ask is because I have the Disney Visa card.  I am wondering if I can utilize the benefits of it 0% financing and or my Disney reward points I have accumulated. 

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

You'll pay for the tickets (and any other things you do - SeaWorld, Cirque, Universal, etc.) within 7 days of me confirming your registration. You'll receive your tickets at least two weeks before our trip. If you want to use our group hotel, note it on your registration and I'll email you more info and our code. You'll do all of that yourself. I don't think they'll take Disney rewards points, but I'm sure you can use your Disney Visa to pay for the room.

I've updated this thread to only include info that's still applicable for 2014 (to avoid confusion), so let me know if you have any questions and I'll update as we go along.

Warmly,

Dianna

#9 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Does the Dolphin have a small ref. in the room for free?

Coffee maker?

Microwave? Fee?

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hi Tammy,

Here's the group hotel page at my website: http://www.carolinah...travelwdw1.html

Look under the Option 1 - Group Hotel section and you'll find the answers to your questions. :)

Warmly,

Dianna

#11 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

Thanks Dianna!

#12 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

You're welcome! :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,

Dianna

#13 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

Hi, we are leaving this morning, but just thought of a question.  I saw that 2 free waters are included in the room is that correct?  Is that per room or per person in the room?  Just clearifying.

#14 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

per room.

#15 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi, we are leaving this morning, but just thought of a question.  I saw that 2 free waters are included in the room is that correct?  Is that per room or per person in the room?  Just clearifying.

Per room, per day. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disney world, hotel