4 replies to this topic

#1 FrancineSmithAD

FrancineSmithAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi all :)

I've been trying for months now to find a support group and I've had no luck. The ones located near me (within 50 miles) are no longer active and those I've found within 100 miles only accept members who live in their area.

I'd really like to get my kids involved in field trips, extra curricular activities, etc. We've been keeping up with the Carolina Homeschool Calendar and plan to get involved in the provided activities - will doing this suffice for a support group?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi Francine,

Most of the events on the calendar are ones that are posted by organizations, so there may or may not be other homeschoolers there. The events and trips I coordinate are posted in my group trip area (http://www.carolinah...om/atravel.html) and you'll definitely meet other homeschoolers on those.

Where do you live? I'd be happy to help you find support in your area, or start a support group.

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 KatJ

KatJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Where do you live? I'm looking for a support group, too.

#4 Jemalu71878

Jemalu71878

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

HEllo, I am also looking for local support, what area do you live in? 

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Do any of you live near Rock Hill? We're going to have a meet-up there this Friday and you're welcome to join us. Email me at director@carolinahomeschooler.com for more info.

Warmly,

Dianna