Granda G. Myers Joplin

Name for homeschool

Granda G. Myers Joplin

With Option 3 in SC, do we pick a name for our homeschool or do we use the name of the association?  I'm wondering because so many programs (summer reading, discounts, etc) ask for a school name.  Do I need to come up with a name for our school?  If so, is there anything I need to submit to the state or other agency to declare our name?  

Thanks!

Dianna

You don't need to name your homeschool for any state or agency, so just think of one for programs (that you mentioned) requiring a name. Also, if you want to print a diploma for your graduates, there's usually a spot for a school name.

Don't use the Association's name. Also, if you're going to name your school, I recommend choosing something that wouldn't make you cringe if you'd see it on official papers or a diploma. (Not something like Bubblebath Academy, for example.) 

Warmly,

Dianna

Granda G. Myers Joplin

Thanks so much for getting back to me quickly!  I'm in the process of setting up some reward accounts for my daughter online and kept running into the "school name" question.  Now just to come up with a name...hmm.  

• Like 1

Sofia

My school's name is PFA (Pitman Family Academy) :D