Photo

MyMagic+ Ticket Questions - Updated 5/20/13 (see end of thread)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

If we sign up for the MyMagic+ tickets, will those be sent to us earlier, since you can sign up for the fast pass 60 days in advance? How will all that work?

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Eeekkk, Kristi, you asked me this in your email and I forgot to answer, didn't I? I'm sorry!

NOTE: The MyMagic+ status has changed since I posted this. Keep reading to the end of this thread for updated info.

If you notice on my Disney pages, my registration deadline has an asterisk beside it, with a note. It says:

Registration Deadline: July 15, 2013*

*(The deadline is August 31 if you're not planning to use Disney's MyMagic+ system, and don't need extra non-student tickets for any of our destinations - please read "Important Notes" section to the right for more information.)

And the Important Notes section says:

Our tickets will allow families to participate in the new MyMagic+ system. They're still finalizing the details, but this new system will let us reserve FastPass entry to three attractions per day, starting 60 days in advance of our group arrival date. Therefore, my registration and payment deadline is much earlier for Disney travelers who plan to utilize this system.

For those who want to do the MyMagic+, I'll mail the tickets out in time for you to register and reserve 60 days in advance (that's why your deadline is earlier). Disney says that all of our tickets will be the MyMagic+ tickets (you won't have to sign up for them... you'll just have to register on their website to reserve your fastpasses and whatever else they come up with). But those who register after that date may not get their tickets in time to utilize the system at the 60-day point.

I hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Dianna

#3 Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ok, thanks! I reread the Disney page and I get it now. Thank you for responding. I am a planner as much as I can be so I am sorry if I'm asking to man questions.

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

No, please feel free to ask any questions you have. I'm a planner, too, so I understand. I'm just sorry I forgot to answer it when you did your registration. I meant to, but by the time I added you to the roster and got everything totaled, it slipped away. (My over-40 brain is the culprit!)

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Disney informed me today that although our tickets will be the MyMagic+ tickets, the FastPass+ system will probably not be available in time for our trip this year. They're still testing it, and it will be rolled out in stages throughout the year, but it probably won't be available to groups until next year.

It may roll out faster than they’re expecting, but as of right now, they’ve asked me to update everyone to let them know it most likely won’t be ready for groups, (and may not be ready for other Disney guests, either - only select “test groups”).

To find out more about the MyMagic+ system, see:

http://disneyparks.d...the-next-level/

Warmly,
Dianna

#6 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Here is an update on the MyMagic+ Bands - http://www.wdwmagic....r-this-year.htm  Although, no dates are provided...

• Dianna likes this

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Robin, thanks so much. I'll use this link on my Disney pages since it has more information.

Warmly,

Dianna

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I wanted to mention that we won't get the bands - we'll have the plastic cards, but the bands are for resort guests. (Or at least that's the way it was the last time it was explained to me... things change so fast!)