Sign in to follow this  
Kerry

Myrtle beach / conway area

Kerry

Hello!! We are new to the area and looking to meet new people and get familiar with this area!!! We are a homeschooling family with a 3 grader!!!

kerry

Kerry

Hello! Thank you for  responding to my post!  How many homeschoolers do you have? I have one!  We just moved down here recently and I am getting used to the way that South Carolina does homeschooling versus where we came from! 

DanaS

Hi!

So we are close to NMB and from what I understand (I need to look it up) - starting in September the North Myrtle Beach Library has a monthly get-together for all age groups.  I believe it's the first Wednesday of the month?

I have a 10 year old girl (5th grade) and a 17 year old girl (12th grade - ACK!)

We are semi-new to the area as we came down last Sept 6th and decided to stay vs travel at this stage.  We'd love to meet people - I'd like to head over to the Brookside Gardens one day and I know we are planning on hitting the Aquarium after school gets back in session and all the tourists head home ;)

Hope to meet people!

Dana

• Like 1

Dianna

Ripley's Aquarium (if that's the one you're talking about), gives homeschoolers a big discount. Be sure to take your membership letter or card with you for proof.

Warmly,

Dianna

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DanaS

Last year I think it was $8/person with the homeschool letter..... best $$ saved EVER as my daughter wanted go there for her birthday!

• Like 1

Erin

Hi! We are from the area. We have lived in Conway (Burning Ridge Golf Course), Murrells Inlet ( Blackmoor) and currently in the North Myrtle Beach area. (We have also lived in Summerville which is near Charleston)

My only child left at home that is homeschooled is a 13 year old daughter. We have always homeschooled her. 

North Myrtle Beach Library has offered a Homeschool Lunch Bunch on the first Weds of the month in the past. It is a great, friendly meetup in the front room of the library. I haven't gotten information this year, yet, about the start date for 2017-18. 

In addition to just visiting Ripley's Aquarium, they offer numerous homeschool classes every year. Wonderworks also offers a homeschool discount and MB state parks do several classes for homeschoolers. The area is extremely homeschool friendly!

Erin

• Like 1