mamamountin

Waldorf/Unschooling/Eclectic Homeschooling family new to Camden/Kershaw county and looking for friends and community

mamamountin

Hello All!

My family and I will be moving to the area very soon and we will be homeschooling.  I have a seven year old son, a six year old son, a three year old daughter and a 2 year old son. We started off our year using a Waldorf curriculum and now we are heading more towards an unschooling perspective/eclectic homeschooling.  We are on our own timeline and aren't necessarily into following any specific curriculum but rather allowing our children to follow their interests!  We are always evolving:)  I am interested in finding people with similar ideals but also just kind people who are also looking for friendship.  We will not know anyone in this area and it's important to me that my kids make connections.  They are super sweet kids!!  We would love to get involved with a group that we can see on a weekly basis.  I have found REACH and the Midlands unschooling group but am also looking for families closer to the Camden area as well that could get together for play dates, etc.  We love to hike, we love playgrounds, swimming, legos, exploring, animals and many many other things.  We also love to garden and we love to eat fresh organic food.  That is just a little bit about us. I hope there are others in the area to connect with:) Looking forward to getting to know SC and making connections!

• Like 3

Dianna

Welcome to South Carolina! I live in Lancaster County - not too far, but hopefully someone closer will chime in here soon!

Warmly,

Dianna

Chandfam

Hi! Welcome to Kerahaw County! My kids are 6, 4, and 2. It sounds like we have a lot in common! I am from here, but am also looking for community and friends with similar ideals. Let's get together! I just registered as a user on this forum hoping to find some community and your post was the first to display. Neat! When will you be moving here? Feel free to contact me directly. 

• Like 1

Dianna

Welcome Chandfam! I'm glad you found us!

Warmly,

Dianna

Sigkapoli

We're in Sumter and my kids are teens, but WELCOME!!!

earthymama

Hey there! I'm in Darlington county~unschooling/Waldorf leaning/Nature based family. I'm an herbalist, so that is a huge component in my children's education. I have two teens, and a 6 year old girl and 2 year old boy. We are definitely close enough to get together!

• Like 1

Dianna

Welcome, EarthyMama!