MommyBain

New to Homeschooling

MommyBain

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone,  

I started homeschooling my 5 year old son on June 1st, I am excited, and overwhelmed and glad you all are here.  Thank you Dianna for such an awesome association.  I hope to be here for years to come.

• Like 2

Dianna

Welcome! :)

I'm so glad you joined us! You should see the member's area now. Let me know if you need help finding anything.

Warmly,
Dianna

ahutchinson1

We are the same here we started on June 1st and starting with my 5 year old. It is amazing and scary at the same time. I want to make sure we are learning the material that should be learning but also providing a lot of self learning and pretend play. We are having a lot of fun exploring the world and have had a great time at edventure. 

Edited by ahutchinson1
  • Like 2

MommyRaven

Seems I'm not the only one who just started with her 5 yo.  Glad to know I have similar company to sound ideas off of, as well as seasoned parents to seek advice as needed.  To be honest, the reason this association stood out to me was the amount of get togethers and 'field trips' that are offered.  I can't wait to start getting out there and meeting other parents, and getting my son to know some more kids his age!  Thank  you for this group and its forums!

Jennifer

• Like 2

Dianna
8 hours ago, MommyRaven said:

Seems I'm not the only one who just started with her 5 yo.  Glad to know I have similar company to sound ideas off of, as well as seasoned parents to seek advice as needed.  To be honest, the reason this association stood out to me was the amount of get togethers and 'field trips' that are offered.  I can't wait to start getting out there and meeting other parents, and getting my son to know some more kids his age!  Thank  you for this group and its forums!

Jennifer

Welcome, Jennifer! I'll start planning more Outsider events (at SC state parks) in August, I hope. I have medical treatments that run through July, and a possible surgery in early August, so I can't make definite plans right now. But that's my goal. Outsider's events are in addition to the field trips and other things we do, and are a great way to get the kids outside with other kids, and for parents to enjoy talking to each other!

Warmly,
Dianna

Destiny

I also just started with my 5yr old this year. I have been doing things like Starfall with her since she was about 2 1/2. only on occasion and when she is interested. We've been "doing school" semi regularly for over a year already and now that my son is 3yrs old he joins us. Though I take more of an unschool approach the kids have come to expect time at the kitchen table with mommy when my 1yr old takes her nap. It usually consists of puzzles and art with a little math and spelling mixed in. We love GoNoodle, cosmic kids yoga, and cool school. I have only planned a couple of mini lessons to get them ready for a special event at our local library. Next week Riverbanks zoo is coming to the library to talk about animal architects. should be fun! Its amazing how much I have learned since I started teaching my kids!

• Like 2