Erica

Any activities for babies/toddlers/adults?

Erica

Hello, 

My name is Erica and I have a son who is five months old. I was homeschooled when I was a child, so it feels natural for me to homeschool. I am very excited but it will be a while before he is in kindergarten. I have been watching this community for a while and watching others as well. From what I can see, Carolina Homeschool is the best! I would love to be apart of this ASAP! The trips look so fun that I wish I could go on them! 

Please let me know if this group has baby/toddler classes or even social gatherings. Or, if there are any activities my husband and I could be involved in. I am willing to volunteer as well. If not, I guess I will have to wait till he is older! 

Hope to hear from someone. 

Thank you!

Dianna

Hi Erica, and welcome to our community! Most of my field trips are for school-age children, but I'd recommend joining a local support group. You could join in their activities and park days, and other activities where younger children would fit right in.

What county do you live in?

Dianna

Erica

Thank you for the suggestion. I've looked into a few alternatives already.  I am in Charleston county. 

• Like 1

Dianna

Hi Erica, there are a lot of homeschoolers in the Charleston area. Have you found a support group there?

Warmly,
Dianna

Erica

Yes, there are multiple options.  I am still looking for something I can get involved in now while he is a baby. Do you have a lot of people from Charleston in the group or is it too far away?

Thanks!

Dianna

Hi Erica, I have a lot of members in the low country, but I don't accept applications unless children are school-age. Will none of the support groups in your area allow you to attend?

Warmly,
Dianna

Erica

Understandably. Most of what I found are occasional classes for interacting with other babies at hospitals. I am still looking for a group. I;m looking for groups he can grow up and get to know other kids more than a once a week class. Not to mention that most of the classes don't have parents who intend to homeschool. But I am still looking! I appreciate your help. 

Dianna

Erica, what I meant was homeschool support groups. Will any of your local groups let you join even though your children aren't school age yet?

Warmly,

Dianna

Erica

I've emailed a couple and I am waiting for a reply. But I am sure their reply will be the same as yours. That there won't be much to do but wait till he is old enough.