Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn S Biamonte

Where do I register?

Kathryn S Biamonte

I've read all the FAQ's and I'm still a little confused as to how I resister my child.  I understand I have to send a letter to his former public school notifying them that he'll be home schooled, but how do I officially register him as a home schooling student?

Options 1, 2 & 3 ???  I'm leaning toward Option 3 because from what I understand it gives me more freedom to teach my child at his pace and the way I want to which works for him.  Does anyone have any comments as to why Option 1 or 2 would be better.

With that said I have no clue which curriculum to choose from.  Any thoughts?  Plus where do I get text books from?

Thanks so much!  Peace

Dianna

Hi Kathryn,

Did you read my Beginning Homeschooling FAQs? It answers a lot of questions new homeschoolers ask: http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/homeschool-faqs/beginning-homeschooling/

You'll register your child with the association you choose. Option 3 is the one the vast majority of families choose because it's least intrusive and the most family-friendly option.

Here's more information about methods, curriculum, etc.: http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/homeschool-faqs/methods-resources/

I hope this helps!

Warmly,
Dianna

Kathryn S Biamonte

Hi Dianna,

Thank you for your response.  I have read the Beginning Homeschooling  FQA's and I'm currently re-reading it, actually found the registration part.

I'd like for my son to have interaction with other children, are there classroom groups in my area, Murrells Inlet, that I can meet up with.

Peace, Kate