7 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Alexander

Mary Alexander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hi! We're new to Carolina Homeschoolers and actually just relocated to Lexington, SC from out of state.  My four kiddos (ages 11, 8, 5, and 3) are really anxious to meet other homeschooled kids near us.  There just doesn't seem to be as many homeschoolers here as there were in Dallas!  Suggestions?  TIA!

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi Mary, I've emailed some of my members that area in the Lexington area and hopefully will be able to get them in touch with you soon. It would be great if all of you can get together and start a support group in that area (I've received several requests for support in Lexington).

Also, I have an upcoming picnic/park day scheduled for Dreher Island State Park, which isn't too far from that area, if you're interested in joining us. Here's the information: http://www.carolinah...ravelprkdi.html

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi Mary,

I sent you a couple of messages. Let me know if you can make it to the picnic! :)

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 triciam

triciam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi, we're also new to SC (from MI) and looking to meet other homeschoolers in the North Charleston/Summerville area.  I have an 8 yr old son and we would love to connect with local families and join a support group if possible.

Thanks,

Tricia

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi Tricia,

I've emailed some of my members in your area to ask about active local groups. I'll message you soon!

Warmly,

Dianna

#6 Lisa Brebner

Lisa Brebner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hi there,

We are also new to homeschooling and are looking for other homeschoolers to get to know too.  We live in Ballentine (near Chapin) , so Lexington is not too far from us.  We have twin boys who are six, but will be seven next month.  Maybe we could plan a get together! 

#7 Dana

Dana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

In the Midlands, I'm aware of REACH, Alliance, Herald5, and Shield.

#8 Vmartin5

Vmartin5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Me too!! I'm new to the Lexington area as well. I have 8 & 11 year old girls. If there is a local group, please include me. Thanks! :)