• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Genelle Greenwald

Genelle Greenwald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I am a mom of 6 year old boy/girl twins.  My son is autistic and homeschooling seems by far the best option for his learning and development.    I am very new to this and don't know any families homeschooling in the Fort Mill/Ballantyne (live on the boarder of SC just outside of Ballantyne NC)) area or any famailies dealing with the challange of homeschooling a special needs child. 

If anyone knows any other families homeschooling an autistic child in my area I would love to be connected for advice and support.

Thanks  Genelle

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi Genelle,

There are a lot of homeschooling families in your area, and I know of at least one who is homeschooling a child with special needs. I was planning on a local get-together the week after next (probably Friday). Would you like to join us and meet other homeschoolers in our area (Lancaster, York, Chester, Kershaw)?

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 Genelle Greenwald

Genelle Greenwald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hi Dianne

I would love to join ! We are very excited to get to meet you and other homeschoolers. So Friday August 8th ? What time were you thinking ? My hushand and I both work and together with a nanny and flexible work arrangements (and a crazy schedule) - we devide a concur :)  So for us it is always a planning exercise for both the kids but we make it work.

Genelle

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Genelle, it would be Friday, August 9th. Does around noon sound good? If so, let me know and I'll spread the word and hopefully we'll have a big turnout. :)

Warmly,

Dianna