Genelle Greenwald

New to this community and to homeschooling

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I am a mom of 6 year old boy/girl twins.  My son is autistic and homeschooling seems by far the best option for his learning and development.    I am very new to this and don't know any families homeschooling in the Fort Mill/Ballantyne (live on the boarder of SC just outside of Ballantyne NC)) area or any famailies dealing with the challange of homeschooling a special needs child. 

If anyone knows any other families homeschooling an autistic child in my area I would love to be connected for advice and support.

Thanks  Genelle

Hi Genelle,

There are a lot of homeschooling families in your area, and I know of at least one who is homeschooling a child with special needs. I was planning on a local get-together the week after next (probably Friday). Would you like to join us and meet other homeschoolers in our area (Lancaster, York, Chester, Kershaw)?

Warmly,

Dianna

Hi Dianne

I would love to join ! We are very excited to get to meet you and other homeschoolers. So Friday August 8th ? What time were you thinking ? My hushand and I both work and together with a nanny and flexible work arrangements (and a crazy schedule) - we devide a concur :)  So for us it is always a planning exercise for both the kids but we make it work.

Genelle

Genelle, it would be Friday, August 9th. Does around noon sound good? If so, let me know and I'll spread the word and hopefully we'll have a big turnout. :)

Warmly,

Dianna