• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I am a homeschooling mom of 4 children. I have never registered with the state, school district or anyone at all. I am afraid to just go to the school district, for fear that we will be fined, thrown in jail, or our children forced into public school. However my oldest is going into 10th grade and I want her to have a high school diploma she is not up to grade level, and we have been weak in Science and Social Studies.  Help what should I do, I don't know where to start. Who can help me get registered and get my daughter credit for last years work(9th grade)

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,447 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Jane,

Do you mean you want to register your oldest for public school so she can get a public school diploma? Or do you mean you want to register this year so you won't be truant anymore, and need help getting all of your children up to grade level?

Dianna

#3 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

The latter, I want my oldest to have a high school diploma for doing high school at home. I am afraid if I go to the school district or whoever is in charge of homeschools, we will get in trouble for being truant.

#4 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

The reason I mention them being behind, I was afraid they would think they weren't getting the proper education, and place them in public school witch we do not want. Donna, if you or anyone else can help me, I would appreciate it, I  don't know where to go for help with this.

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,447 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Jane, can you send me a private message or email (at director@carolinahomeschooler.com)? I want to help you get on track, but won't know how to best advise you unless I have more details.

Warmly,

Dianna

• BillieJo Youmans likes this