2 replies to this topic

#1 BillieJo Youmans

BillieJo Youmans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Fellow homeschoolers in Chester area,

I have the huge privilege of serving in a 'free' GED program in Chester County.  Free in that it is a Christian ministry that offers classes, tutoring, payment of GED test fees, encouragement and love to participants.  In fact, this weekend, we have 15 graduates to celebrate with!  It is heart-warming.

Reading is a critical need ability for our students.  I often refer them to the library but doubt they go into such a 'foreign field.'  We moved here last year so I cleaned my shelves of our 'junior readers' for lack of a better term.  I'm wondering if any of you might want to donate some quality reading (upper elementary and above) to our program. Many of our students come in with sixth & seventh grade reading levels.  Of particular interest would be sports, history, Christian missionary biographies and other inspirational reading.  Thanks for considering...

And if you would like to know more about the program--including how to volunteer--I'd love to tell you about it! 

Thanks, Billie Jo (billiejoyoumans@gmail.com or 803-789-5401)

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Billie Jo, this sounds amazing! I have a lot of books I could donate, but I'll call or email you when I can catch my breath to make sure it's what you need.

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 BillieJo Youmans

BillieJo Youmans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Perfect!  Thanks so much!  I'd love to have you visit the program sometime.  It is exciting and the graduates are SO proud...on average, they are inviting ten folks a piece.  We'll be eating cake and loving on people for a bit tomorrow :).