Photo

Recommendations for offsite hotels, timeshares, rentals, etc.

off-disney hotels disney

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Cristin Golden

Cristin Golden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hi,
Just saw this on living social coupon site...didn't know if it is worth it or not, but worth a shot :)

https://m.livingsoci...tm_source=blast

#62 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

For the record now that we are here and actually checked out the condo. I HIGHLY recommend it!!!! We used www.sweethomevacation.com and are at their Coral Cay Condo's. We also have either very quiet neighbors or they did good sound proofing between units too. :)

Edited by hawaiianatheart, 13 November 2013 - 11:35 PM.

• bless9ings likes this

#63 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

UGH - now in the last few hours weather has changed predictions to Rain on Monday. If that is the case..... DQ it is. ;)

#64 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the info!  I will keep this in mind.  Hoping to go next year.

#65 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

hawiianatheart,

How long did it take to get to MK?

How long did it take to get to Epcot?

How long did it take to get to DS?

How long did it take to get to AK?

Morning vs night  how long did it take?

What about coming back at lunch time, did you do that and how long did it take?

Thanks

#66 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

To Robin or anyone else;

What do you think of staying at Bonnet Creek?  How long did it take to get to MK and the other places?

And actually more important question for us is:  on the disboards they only have a shuttle schedule for Sept 2010 - It says they only have one noon time return and it is from MK.  Do they have any other returns from the park at around noon  to put the little ones down for an early afternoon nap?

Thanks Tammy

#67 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

I would love to hear any reviews of staying off property from all you that just got  back so we can plan for 2014.

My husband and I are leaning toward the Dolphin, but if the older children plus us would like to do Universal and Seaworld I don't want to be paying Disney prices.  I wish we could do those places on our second week off site of Disney, or can we with the discounted prices?

#68 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

My husband and I are leaning toward the Dolphin, but if the older children plus us would like to do Universal and Seaworld I don't want to be paying Disney prices.  I wish we could do those places on our second week off site of Disney, or can we with the discounted prices?

SeaWorld would have to be a specific date during the week (Thursday, I think, but don't hold me to that) because they require me to choose one day for the whole group. Universal dates will be a little more flexible and can extend a little before and after our dates (although once you use the ticket, the second day must be used within 7 days of first use). If you do the educational tour, one day must be used for that. I'll be able to confirm dates for SeaWorld and Universal later. I have to get Disney settled first. :)

The Dolphin has become our favorite hotel for many reasons - the location is one of the best at Disney, the frequency of transportation, the service, etc.

Warmly,

Dianna

#69 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hi Tammy!

Just like the Dis thread, we loooooooved Bonnet Creek! We stayed in a 3BR and it was very spacious. It was relatively quiet, but maybe that is because it was relatively empty? We did have a noise issue with a neighbor, but it was quickly, easily, and amicably resolved. (They had a CD player playing music for their young child at night, and apparently it was right next to the wall that joined our bedroom. I let them know via a nice note, and they moved it.) Beds were comfy; appliances, cookware, and utensils were all like new.

The property is beautiful. It reminds me of Coronado Springs resort, if you've ever been there. Travel times were fantastic!

You specifically asked about the shuttle, and I'm afraid I can't help you with that. We drove down, so we were able to drive to the parks. From what I've read on the Dis, it seems that if WBC has a draw-back, it may be the shuttle. The shuttle fee can be expensive. I believe the shuttle offers more service than what you are seeing.

As additional info, we rented through Vacation Strategy. It was simple and efficient. They probably aren't the cheapest, but they are fAr from the most expensive. To get the best deals you really need to wait for the 60 day out deals. But since we needed a 3BR, and WBC doesn't hAve a lot of them, I wanted the peace of mind of reserving early.

I hope that helps, and if I can answer any other questions let me know!

#70 Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

We stayed at the Nickelodeon Resort this year and stayed on site the previous year. After this trip we realized that it definitely has it's perks to stay on site, the major one is transportation whenever we need it with very little hassle.

This yea off site at the Nickelodeon Resort, we were only about 8 minutes away from each park. Parking was $15 and the good this about it is that you can park hop with the parking. As long as you pay for parking for that day, you can park at any of the other park for free.
Our resort also had transportation as set times, about two in the Am, afternoon and two-three times in the evening. The times though didn't line up with what we had in plan so driving was our best option.

The next time we go though we are staying on site for that reason alone. It makes it so much more convienent and you also get special times in the park prior or post regular park times. One night my husband and youngest on stayed at MK until 11:30pm. No wait times on the rides and lived every minute on it. For that trip we went in the beginning of December.

#71 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Robin,  Thanks for responding!  You have confirmed everything everyone on Disboards has said- and I feel like I kinda know you from following this board!  :)  Thanks for taking the time to write all the tid bits, some of them were new.  I did contact Ken and got a price for a 3 bedroom for $180/night and a 4 bedroom for $250/night.  I also asked about the shuttle and he informed me that it was no longer free as of Feb 2013 as it was costing them a ton of money. 

My husband (and I and the older girls don't want to have to use a car to go back and forth unless we have to)  So we are pretty sure for this trip we will fork the money out.   (as long as all goes well)  We just had our tenth baby.  He will be 10 mths old when we go in September, so paying the extra money this year would be more convenient to stay on Disney property.  We just don't get to go as often as we would want because it costs so much.  If we spent less money we would probably be able to go sooner.  We always go back to the room around noon to put the little ones in for naps and everyone else goes to the pool.  It is also nice to get out of the mid day heat in September!!  We find that it breaks the day up and it avoids anyone getting edgy from the heat and being tired.  We are early morning people and enjoy the early extra magic hours, so we are ready for a respite.  So, going back and forth everyday to the room is much more convenient with Disney transportation.  Also, we have a wide spread of ages therefore the Disney transportation is crucial!  So we love Disney, but are not able to go as often as we would like.  Maybe once we get away from the nap days we will try Bonnet Creek...but we still love going back to the resort during mid day despite the youngest ones!   They are just our cover! lol

Thanks Kristi for replying.  Your post was so true!  You summed up what we already know and my husband keeps saying...I just am trying to talk ourselves into something for less so we can go sooner!  :)

#72 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Tammy,

Congrats on your new addition! I have to say, I cannot even BEGIN to imagine how much it costs for your family to go to Disney!!!

When we got back from Disney, I noticed that Vacation Strategy was advertising DVC properties! I never saw that before we went, so maybe it's something new they are trying. One week stays for AK, OKW, WL, SSR, and CR were as low as $1,800 for a 2BR! Of course, the price varied a bit based on the week. Have you considered renting points for a DVC?

#73 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hawaiinheart,

After staying there, do you still highly recommend the place you stayed?

I also posted questions on this page, I was wondering if you could answer.

Thanks in advance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off-disney hotels, disney