• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jenidot

jenidot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but I didn't see any information on here so thought I would ask if you don't mind!  I now see the option to customize magic bands and choose fastpass options on the Disney site.  I have not tried linking my park tickets to the website because I was unsure if this would cause problems?  Is is ok to link our tickets on the disney site (with my resort reservation and ADRs)?  Also, we have park tickets for three adults and one child.  Is there a difference between these tickets (how do I know which one is the child ticket and which are the adult tickets)?  Thank you so much for your help, this will be our first trip to Disney and are SO excited!!

Thanks!

Jennifer

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but I didn't see any information on here so thought I would ask if you don't mind!  I now see the option to customize magic bands and choose fastpass options on the Disney site.  I have not tried linking my park tickets to the website because I was unsure if this would cause problems?  Is is ok to link our tickets on the disney site (with my resort reservation and ADRs)?  Also, we have park tickets for three adults and one child.  Is there a difference between these tickets (how do I know which one is the child ticket and which are the adult tickets)?  Thank you so much for your help, this will be our first trip to Disney and are SO excited!!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Jennifer, Disney is still testing the FastPass+ system and is only available at selected resorts at specific times. They still have a quite a few glitches to work out, from what I understand. They said they don't expect it to be fully rolled out for groups by the dates of our trip. If that changes, I'll let everyone know.

Edited to add: Since you're staying on property, see if your resort is participating in the testing. If it is, youmay be able to link our your tickets to the FastPass+ system. For our tickets, there's no difference in adult tickets and child tickets.

Dianna

#3 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

We are staying on property at POR and AOA -- Nov. 12-22.  I've been able to customize our Magic Bands and select fp+ options for each day.  I was also able to go to a separate link and get a fp for the BOG restaurant of lunch but it didn't allow access to all days we were there, it only selected 7 days during our trip.  My understanding is that there are still glitches in the system, but we just decided we could do the FP + and then still use the regular fp's when we got to the parks.

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Laura, thank you so much for the update. Another mom emailed me to say she was able to arrange FastPass+, too! From what I understand, it's only if you're staying at a Disney resort, and only if that resort is participating in the testing. Is that what you found?

Warmly,

Dianna

#5 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Dianna -

I believe that is correct from what I've read on the Disboards.  I will ask and see if anyone staying off-site has had any luck.  The only thing that I really know is that it does require you to have the My Disney Experience account set up and you have to link your tickets, etc. 

#6 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

This is the info I was given:

"As of right now FP+ and magic bands are being tested only at Disney resorts (Swan and Dolphin not included)
When it goes lives everyone will be able to use FP+ but magic bands will require a fee for offsite guests."

#7 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm trying to find the "official" release, but all Disney resorts will be on MyMagic+ as of 10/23. Though, that does NOT include the Swan and Dolphin. However, if you are staying at another Disney resort, you WILL be getting MagicBands and you WILL be able to make FastPass+ selections. If you fall into that category, I suggest you do lots of research and be prepared for system "glitches"!  The MB have not been shipping until about 45 days prior to your stay, but you should be able to make FP+ selections now.

I'm an Annual Passholder, and I have not been able to make FP+ selections yet, either.

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

If you plan to link our group tickets to your magic bands (if you're staying at a Disney resort), please remember to bring your tickets with you anyway. They've been testing them and some have no problems getting into the parks and using the Fast Passes with their bands, while others have had problems and needed their cards.

Dianna

• Robin Harrison Axelberd likes this

#9 txhsmom

txhsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

If you plan to link our group tickets to your magic bands (if you're staying at a Disney resort), please remember to bring your tickets with you anyway. They've been testing them and some have no problems getting into the parks and using the Fast Passes with their bands, while others have had problems and needed their cards.

Dianna

Hi Dianna  :D

How are you?

I was reading through the threads and even though this is for 2013, wanted to ask as it relates to the upcoming 2014 trip... we have magic bands from staying on site on a previous trip... will we be able to link tickets received for the September trip to our current magic bands?

Thanks much,

Joy

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hi Joy! :)

I can't remember if Magic Bands can be used for more than one trip - do you know?

I do know If you stay at a Disney Resort, you can link our tickets to your Magic Band through that resort. If you stay at our group hotel (the Dolphin), they may not have the Magic Bands, but families can do the FastPass+ after we arrive (one park per day when we enter the park... we can't reserve ahead of time yet). Hopefully the Magic Bands and reservations will be integrated by the time of our trip, but no one knows.

Warmly,

Dianna

#11 txhsmom

txhsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Hi Dianna,

I'm clueless... Have heard sooo many different things concerning those bands... Makes it not so magical :-)

Fingers crossed we'll know for sure real soon...

Joy

Hi Joy! :)

I can't remember if Magic Bands can be used for more than one trip - do you know?

I do know If you stay at a Disney Resort, you can link our tickets to your Magic Band through that resort. If you stay at our group hotel (the Dolphin), they may not have the Magic Bands, but families can do the FastPass+ after we arrive (one park per day when we enter the park... we can't reserve ahead of time yet). Hopefully the Magic Bands and reservations will be integrated by the time of our trip, but no one knows.

Warmly,
Dianna

#12 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Updated March 27, 2014

Beginning March 31, 2014, Disney's off-property guests can reserved their FastPasses 30 days in advance of our group dates by registering their tickets at the My Disney Experience website: https://disneyworld....ey.go.com/plan/

That includes our travelers who are staying at our group hotel, the Dolphin, which is on Disney property, but is not owned by Disney.

For more information about the new FastPass+ system, see http://touringplans....-world/fastpass and https://disneyworld....fast-pass-plus/

Warmly,

Dianna

#13 Donna Palinkas Donato

Donna Palinkas Donato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw, NC

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Dianna

What are the magic bands???

#14 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

They're wristbands that are given to Disney Resort guests (but not Dolphin guests). Here's more info: https://disneyworld....ing-magic-band/

Warmly,
Dianna