• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Patty Hanson

Patty Hanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

We are older parents looking to meet up with families like us. My husband and I are 50/60 with two boys ages 12 and 9. We certainly look forward to meeting others as well, But checking to see if anyone else with similar situation.
Patty

#2 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

My husband & I are 55/51 with 2 girls ages 13 & 10.  I will be there with the girls this year.  Is there a meet n greet scheduled yet?

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Susan, I haven't scheduled a meet & greet for this year yet. We're leaving for DC next week and I'm focusing on reworking our entire trip due to the shutdown. Sigh...

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hi Patty -

We're not staying at the group hotel but we're going w/ three of our four kiddos.  We're a little on the older side too -- I'm 49 and dh is 55.  Our youngest is 10.  We'll be at Disney the 12th - 22nd at POR and we're going to Sea World too.

#5 BabyCrazy

BabyCrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

We are also in that age range and will be there from the 9th to the 24th.  We have a 13 yr son, 11 yr daughter and a 6 yr old son.

Elizabeth

#6 Cheryl Hungate Best

Cheryl Hungate Best

Disney Fanatic! And mom to one great son!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

We're 58/55 with a 13 year old son . We're staying off-property the first week (16th-23rd) then to the Dolphin for another 3 nights. We're going to the Universal class/park visit for the first time, then to 2 YES classes at the Disney parks. Would love to meet up! We are Disney fanatics, it's our preferred vacation destination, and are looking forward to this trip with Carolina Homeschoolers again (our 3rd time with this group!).

#7 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Oh Yes, I should have added in our dates. We will be there from the 9th-24th as well and staying off site. We've rented a condo about 6 miles from the parks. Both of mine have classes on Tuesday the 19th, in 2 different parks - YIKES! Super glad a friend is joining us. ;)

Subject to change depending on weather but so far I have planned to be at Disney Quest (great hang out/ meeting area) on the 13th, 17th and 22nd. If it rains on a day I've planned for Waterpark then we will switch those dates around. 

#8 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Susan, I haven't scheduled a meet & greet for this year yet. We're leaving for DC next week and I'm focusing on reworking our entire trip due to the shutdown. Sigh...

Warmly,

Dianna

Yes, Dianna I've heard you have quite the juggling act to do!!  :(  My friend that is coming with us to Disney is joining you to DC. Good Luck!!! Praying it will open up for you by the time you go.

#9 BabyCrazy

BabyCrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

We are coming the 9th to the 25th too.  We have a condo offsite.  my kids each have 2 classes also.   on the tuesday and thursday.

Elizabeth

#10 Patty Hanson

Patty Hanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Wow, many like us. Haha. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be staying off property arriving nov. 11-24. I like the idea of a meet and greet area. :)

#11 Robin Earley Rampani

Robin Earley Rampani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well it's nice to know there will alot of "parents with Knowledge"  as i like to call my hubby and me....when we come to in a few weeks.  I just wish they'd open up the parks at 6am....(LOL)  cause we're always up early!!!   looking forward to meeting many of you..... Robin :)

#12 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

My husband and I are older parents, too. (Our oldest is 26, and our youngest is 11, but then we also have 10 younger foster children we've called our own, too.) If you're planning on going to the group Disney Quest meet-up on Monday the week of our trip (see my last Disney update for more info), we can get to know each other better then.

Warmly,
Dianna

#13 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

For anyone currently at WDW that would like to meet up we are at Disney Quest today. Too cold for water parks. ;) I can probably be found on floor 5 in dining area resting my feet after MK yesterday or stretching my legs a bit at the pinball machines. Blue paisley top. ;)

#14 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Susan, did the cold weather hit you down in Florida, too? What are the temps there now?

#15 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Also, are you going back to DQ on Monday?

#16 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

It is cloudy, windy and high of 65 today. Suppose to warm back up. I had planned to be back at Waterpark Monday but we will see My plan was DQ again on Sunday and Thursday. What time frame are you looking at for Monday? Any other meet ups?

#17 Patty Hanson

Patty Hanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Susan we were at magic kingdom yesterday also. Went orange picking and then played miniature golf at Fantasia gardens today. We plan on magic kingdom in the am and Epcot in the afternoon. Is it safe on here to place a phone #?

#18 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Susan, DisneyQuest is our only scheduled group meet. As you know, everyone gets busy and attendance at Disney meet-ups is relatively low. I promised my family I wouldn't make them do that anymore. :)

Dianna

#19 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Forgot to add that we'll be at DisneyQuest at 11:30 am on Monday - not sure how long we'll stay, though.

#20 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Patty, these are public message boards (only my Members Area is private), so you may want to send a private message with your phone number.