Photo

Marine Science Camp - Registration deadline extended!

marine science camp

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Just a note that I recently posted a new trip: http://www.carolinah...travelcshc.html

Post here if you have any questions about it and I'll be happy to answer.

Warmly,

Dianna

Edited to add: The registration deadline has been extended to July 31.

#2 Carole Hill

Carole Hill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Dianna,

Can you give me a link that gives a description from the camp? I poked around some but, apparently not enough. Will the program structure be like last year's camp? Any great differences that you can point out?

Thanks,

Carole

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Carole, since the itinerary can change between now and then, I won't post it until we get closer to our dates, but it will be a lot more relaxed and family-oriented (rather than public school-oriented, like the other camp).

We'll have science/history programs during the day, and during the evening we'll have bonfires (and s'mores) with pirate stories, history hay rides, and free time to socialize. There's a pool, game room, and more available to us at no extra cost. Do you remember the picnic area we sat at one night just to talk and relax at the other camp? We were actually supposed to rent that before using it. That's one of the reasons I decided against going there again this year (there were more reasons, too, though).

I think we'll enjoy this camp a lot better. The facilitators are fine with parents dropping kids off, then picking them up again (although they would like a few parents to hang around and help). And younger children (under kindergarten) can tag along, as long as parents stay with them and remove them if they get bored and cranky. ;)

They're developing this program just for us, so there isn't a link to it for more info. But I will give everything a list of activities, what we'll need to bring, etc., before we leave so we'll be prepared.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 Carole Hill

Carole Hill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow, sounds like a really good fit for us! Tucker's birthday is on Sept. 22. So, this might work out really well for me in that aspect too. Gotta go crunch numbers!

Thanks my friend!!

#5 sngoebel

sngoebel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi, I am going to teach marine biology next year at HOPE and Vanguard Co-ops. I am looking for an opportunity for a hands on field trip. Is it possible for my students and chaperones to go on this trip? Would it be possible for my students to share a room like a family (four or five in a room)?

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi, and welcome to our community! :)

My trips are for families, so student groups with chaperones can't attend. I'm sorry. :(  If the individual families in your co-op want to attend, they're welcome to register. See http://www.carolinah...travelchsc.html for more information about the trip and a registration link.

Warmly,

Dianna

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

UPDATE: If you have allergies or strict food diets, the chef can prepare special meals, depending on the number of people and their needs. We would need to coordinate and give him a menu to work with. We have a lot of families arriving from out-of-state and are flying in, and he doesn't want them to have to bring food with them. If you have food issues, please remember to note it on your registration form so we can work on a menu.

#8 Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRockmart, Georgia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hey Dianna!  I had a question about the Camp...  I have my 3 boys, one of whom will be in 5th grade, is it possible for him to just go with the middle school group so we can stay together?  My 8th grader has low blood sugar so I have to stick close to him with snacks etc., normally I would just let the older 2 go and me stick with Ben, but wanted to see if it was a possiblity, if not that is fine too. 

Thanks!

#9 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hey Dianna!  I had a question about the Camp...  I have my 3 boys, one of whom will be in 5th grade, is it possible for him to just go with the middle school group so we can stay together?  My 8th grader has low blood sugar so I have to stick close to him with snacks etc., normally I would just let the older 2 go and me stick with Ben, but wanted to see if it was a possiblity, if not that is fine too. 

Thanks!

Theresa, yes, this is fine. The camp we're going to this year is much more flexible than the previous one. We want to keep the kids in their age group as much as possible, but we can have some overlap.

Warmly,
Dianna

• Theresa Reed Stevenson likes this

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

The registration deadline has been extended to July 31! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marine science, camp