Photo

My Disney Experience app really saved us!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

I wanted to share an experience we had as a sort of Public Service Announcement. I realize by next year using the My Disney Experience (MDE) app will be much more integrated into the entire Disney planning process. But, I want to iterate the usefulness of the technology.

When I received our tickets from Dianna, I immediately assigned/linked them to a person in our party in MDE, and then I wrote the names in Sharpie on the cards. While we were at Disney, my MIL accidentally left her ticket in her pants pocket from the day before. She only realized this as we were approaching the ticket scanners to the Magic Kingdom. We were very despondent, as we faced the fact that she and I were going to have to go all the way back to our condo to get it.

Fortunately for us, a Cast Member overheard our dilemma and directed us to Guest Relations. When the Guest Relations CM learned that we were with a large educational group, he was not optimistic about being able to replace the ticket. HOWEVER, because I had linked the ticket in MDE, I pulled up the ticket number on my app and he was able to very quickly print a new ticket and we were on our way. 

The lesson here is to take advantage of and use the technology Disney is implementing. It's not always perfect, but you never know when you may need it!

• Dianna and Palmettosweetheart like this

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Another way to get a ticket replaced (whether integrated into MDE or not), is to take cell phone pictures of the numbers on the back of each ticket (or make paper copies and keep them with you at all times). As long as they have those numbers, they can replace the ticket (at least that's always been the case in the past).

Warmly,

Dianna

• Palmettosweetheart likes this

#3 Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

Kristi Kaminski-Paraday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

We did the same thing with the app as well as take copies of the cards front and back. It was handy to go through the app, but please make sure that no one else in the family links the cards to their app.

We had that issue. I used the app and assigned the cards to each family member. My husband then signed into his app and accidentally linked his card and mine together. For the first three days (even using guest relations help) when one entered the park it signed the other person out. What that did was one if the cards couldn't use fast past correctly. Finally on the third day guest relations got it correct. (They just fixed it in the computer the first day so I could get fast pass, the second day they gave my husband a new card but the strip didn't work, then they finally got it correct).

We just cannot wait to have the bands the next time we go. Even though we noticed those with bands took a little more time with the fast passes than we did. It would make it so we could lose our tickets.
  • Dianna likes this

#4 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Robin and Kristi,

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experiences with the app. I'm taking notes so I can make sure everyone knows what to do for next year's trip (when I think MDE will be fully operational). Please post any other things you noticed about the app and tickets. I know things may change between now and then, but I'll know what questions to ask if I know the problems you had this time.

Warmly,

Dianna

#5 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Dianna,

I know that you had advised us to make the copies - which I did. I just failed to keep them with me!!!   :blink:

• Dianna likes this

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Dianna,

I know that you had advised us to make the copies - which I did. I just failed to keep them with me!!!   :blink:

Robin, you sound like me! LOL!

Warmly,

Dianna