Dianna

• beachmom likes this

#2 beachmom

beachmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Awesome! This really helps with my planning. One quick question, and I may have missed it, what type of hotel rooms are they? Thanks~

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

They're described here: http://www.carolinah...travelwdw1.html

Let me know if you have any questions. The Dolphin has become our favorite Disney hotel.

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go ---- there I feel better, I had my fit!  DD will be in college so we'll have to pick a date to go back that doesn't conflict w/ her schedule.  We already went this past time without our oldest (dh keeps telling me I have to remember having kids spread out in age means that I can't always take all the kids on vacation at the same time :( ) and I can't bear to think of going w/out two of them!

• Dianna and bless9ings like this

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

Laura, we have the same problem (widely-spaced kids)!

Dianna

#6 beachmom

beachmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

I'm having a hard time convincing my family to go in early September, due to the heat and rain. What are the chances of getting a Dolphin room in a few months- do they fill up? 

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm having a hard time convincing my family to go in early September, due to the heat and rain. What are the chances of getting a Dolphin room in a few months- do they fill up? 

We've been in September several times (at least 4) and we may have just been lucky, but there was never any excessive rain. There may have been rain for short periods on a couple of days, but we were never rained out (that I can remember). That's not to say that we won't be this year, or in future years, but rain hasn't been an issue for our group. The heat, however, is an issue for me, but it isn't for others. The trade-off is longer park hours, and both water parks are open, so you can work around the mid-day heat (by going to the water parks or your hotel pool), and enjoy late-night extra magic hours, or just regular later park hours.

All that said, don't feel rushed to make a decision right now. The Dolphin has been very good to us and I'm sure they'll still have rooms if/when you decide to go.

Warmly,

Dianna

• bless9ings likes this