Dianna

Disney Resort Recommendations

zbugz    0
zbugz

We (mom and ds 14, dd12) stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in 2010 with free dining for about $170/nt in a basic room. It was adequate for our needs with two beds, fridge, etc.  We were on the second floor that was accessed by stairs.  It was quite a hike to the food court and main pool, which we did sometimes.  If we were in a hurry or lazy, we drove our rental car over there to get our breakfast or do whatever.  The kids loved the pools, and I loved the theming and beautiful landscaping.  There is a lovely little island in the center of the lake that you can walk to which has hammocks and a sandy area. The laundry room was adjacent to one of the pools, so it was convenient to swim and keep an eye on our laundry.  The food court was average Disney fare.  The table service place was okay, too, but nothing to write home about. I would stay there again if I got the right price, i.e. free dining or a deep discount.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Edited by zbugz

Laura Launius    28
Laura Launius

We've only stayed at the Moderates but have enjoyed them all.   Each was unique in its own right.    I've frequently considered the Deluxe - but w/ 6 in our family and needing 2 rooms I've never felt the extra couple thousand was worth it.  The last two years I gave all my kids the option of where to stay and the three older ones all picked Port Orleans - Riverside. An added bonus is that all the POR have been updated in the past year.  This year we're doing the Royal Guest rooms since we're celebrating DD's upcoming graduation.  The Alligator Byou section of POR sleeps 5 if you request the room w/ the pull-out bed.