• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Cristin Golden

Cristin Golden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Also, check into Priceline.com and orbitz.com and all those sites...sometimes you can get suites and rooms cheap right outside of Dowtown Disney and use the busses

#22 Michelle Townes Lofton

Michelle Townes Lofton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Michelle, 

Was one of your kids under the age of 3?  We have been told that the Values Resort regular rooms will not hold 5 and Disney will not allow it unless the 3rd child is under age 3.

Personally we have decided a hotel room for any longer than a few nights is just not going to work for us anymore if we can at all help it!  

We did stay on-site once.  We stayed at Old Key West and rented Disney Vacation Points to get a good rate ($99 per night S-Th and double that on weekends).  However, we only had 2 kids then and they were quite young, so it wasn't such a big deal.   

My friends actually own DVC and they get a 1 bedroom at OKW and I visited their room and it was quite spacious.   It would be out of our price range though.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

No, my kids were not under three when we stayed at the All-Star Music resort.  However, only 3 of us went on that trip.  My oldest son is schooled and he stayed home with my husband.  I got a code to use during that trip which brought the room rate down to $65/nt.  I would LOVE to score another code for this trip, keeping my fingers crossed!

When all 5 of us stayed on-site, we stayed at the Poly.  There are very few value and moderate resorts that accommodate families of 5 or more on-site.

#23 autm_brze

autm_brze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

When you decide where to stay on Disney grounds. Do you pay the total for your stay when you register?  We are looking at the campgrounds at Ft. Wilderness.

#24 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

You pay a deposit (it used to be $200 for the value rooms, if I remember right - don't know what it is for Ft. Wilderness), then you pay the rest when you arrive and check in.

I've used a group hotel the past two years (Contemporary, then the Swan), so things may have changed in those two years. You may want to call Disney to ask (407-939-7429).

Warmly,

Dianna

#25 Robin Harrison Axelberd

Robin Harrison Axelberd

Dis-tracted mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Burbs of Atlanta

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

According to the DISboards: 

With a package you pay $200 deposit, and the balance is due 45 days out.  With just room reservations, FL law only allows them to collect one night's stay deposit (plus tax, I think) and you can cancel up to 5 days in advance.

Hope that helps!

• Dianna likes this

#26 zbugz

zbugz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

We (mom and ds 14, dd12) stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in 2010 with free dining for about $170/nt in a basic room. It was adequate for our needs with two beds, fridge, etc.  We were on the second floor that was accessed by stairs.  It was quite a hike to the food court and main pool, which we did sometimes.  If we were in a hurry or lazy, we drove our rental car over there to get our breakfast or do whatever.  The kids loved the pools, and I loved the theming and beautiful landscaping.  There is a lovely little island in the center of the lake that you can walk to which has hammocks and a sandy area. The laundry room was adjacent to one of the pools, so it was convenient to swim and keep an eye on our laundry.  The food court was average Disney fare.  The table service place was okay, too, but nothing to write home about. I would stay there again if I got the right price, i.e. free dining or a deep discount.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Edited by zbugz, 10 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#27 Laura Launius

Laura Launius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

We've only stayed at the Moderates but have enjoyed them all.   Each was unique in its own right.    I've frequently considered the Deluxe - but w/ 6 in our family and needing 2 rooms I've never felt the extra couple thousand was worth it.  The last two years I gave all my kids the option of where to stay and the three older ones all picked Port Orleans - Riverside. An added bonus is that all the POR have been updated in the past year.  This year we're doing the Royal Guest rooms since we're celebrating DD's upcoming graduation.  The Alligator Byou section of POR sleeps 5 if you request the room w/ the pull-out bed.