#1 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

I can't seem to find the talk on students vs adults ratio, but I might be in too much of a hurry to get info to tell my parents.

Our family would like my parents to go with us and my sister might go with her son and husband.  Is it best if we all book together? (it might just be us and my parents this early and my sister later) Here are the dynamics of my family and what is it looking like to add my parents on the list?

Husband

Wife (me)

dd 20

dd19

dd11

dd10

ds7

dd5

ds3

ds11mths  (all ages are as of 9/6/14)

my mom

my dad

my sister

her husband

their son 12

Do I register my parents with my registration? or seperate?

Do they submit $270 each for the passes and wait and see if they can go?

Do we then automatically make reservations for the Dolphin?  And hope that the passes don't jump to retail?  What do we do in this case?  Suggestions of how to do this? (they are obviously hoping/counting on the reduced rates)

Thanks,

Tammy

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Tammy, if you register everyone together, all of you will get tickets and you'd pay for them within 7 days. If your sister's family registers separately later, they'd get two tickets at that time (and would pay for them within 7 days), then they'll have to go on the waiting list for an extra non-student ticket, and pay for it when it's available. (Their son will have to attend an educational program.)

You can make your reservations at the Dolphin as soon as you register. (We have a lot of people staying at the Dolphin this year!).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Dianna

#3 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Is their a possibility that the Dolphin will run out of rooms or you have blocked so many?

#4 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I am a bit confused by your reply.  Are some of my kids covering for the rest of my party?  Which ages?

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Is their a possibility that the Dolphin will run out of rooms or you have blocked so many?

I think I've met or exceeded my block already, but they'll keep adding rooms to it as needed. There's a chance they'll run out, but we're still early in the year, so don't worry.

Warmly,

Dianna

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

I am a bit confused by your reply.  Are some of my kids covering for the rest of my party?  Which ages?

Yes, your kids are covering for the rest. More information is available here: http://www.carolinah...atravelwdw.html  (look in the Important Notes section on the right).

Warmly,

Dianna

#7 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for the link, I knew it was somewhere. 

When should we start worrying about getting a room?  What month? (asking for my sister)

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for the link, I knew it was somewhere. 

When should we start worrying about getting a room?  What month? (asking for my sister)

I would reserve as soon as you register, just to make sure you get the rooms you need. (I don't think you have to pay a deposit upfront.)

Dianna