• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 harbin

harbin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

I am wanting to homeschool using the A Beka program - does anyone know if I can use this curriculum in the state of South Carolina.  I am new to this but thinking I need to join Carolina Homeschooler and then under option 3 I can pick which curriculum I want to use for my son. ?  Is this right?  We are in Greenwood, SC. 

Called the school district today but did not get a lot of helpful information.

Thanks

Heather

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi Heather,

Under Option 3, you can choose your own curriculum (textbooks, workbooks, library books, documentaries, museums, field trips, experiments, zoos, etc.).

You're welcome to join my association for Option 3 coverage. For more information, visit my FAQs at http://www.carolinah...r.com/afaq.html

My membership page is here: http://www.carolinah...membership.html

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 harbin

harbin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Thanks Dianna,  I sent my membership form in yesterday and money is in the mail today.  Love your website it was very helpful.  Thanks again for getting back with me so soon. 

Heather

• Dianna likes this

#4 harbin

harbin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Dianna - Am I right thinking that all I need to do is take a copy of my membership form that you are sending me to the public school and tell them I am homeschooling next year??  Thanks again for all your help. 

Heather

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi Heather,

You don't need to take the letter to your school or inform them that you're homeschooling next year (since you're not withdrawing your son from school during this school year). Just don't reenroll him for fall. 

If they call you after school starts in the fall to ask why your son is in school, you can tell them at that time that you're homeschooling. If they ask for proof, make a copy of your membership letter and mail it to them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,

Dianna

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Heather, I also meant to add - if you decide to homeschool him this school year, then you'd have to inform them when you withdraw him.

Warmly,

Dianna