Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kohlby

June to May planner

4 posts in this topic

I've switched accountability groups to this one for next year.  My other group used July 1st - June 30th as the calendar.  I had a great planner that I loved that followed those dates - it was one from Blue Sky.  I've used their planners for the last 5 years.  But now I need one that starts in June.   I would like a planner similar to that one - so about 8" x 11" with the dates already in there and at least 8 lines on each day to jot down what we do.  It must be paper - not online.  Does anyone know of a brand that does that?  I found some on Rainbow Resource that were similar to what I was looking for but in the 5" x 8" size, and I really want the larger size instead.

If you like your previous planner, I recommend that you keep using it. You can still count the days you complete beginning June 1 on your current planner, then keep counting when you begin documenting on your new 2014-2015 planner in July. Just tuck the 2013-2014's planner in a drawer after the end of June so you'll have it to document your first month's attendance if records are requested (rare).

Warmly,

Dianna

But you're right - I could tear out the June pages and then put them at the start of the next planner if I really needed to. Such a simple idea, but I hadn't thought of it!  I really like having each grade all together so I'm not sure I could bring myself to just continue on without physically moving the pages.  :)

Does Carolina Homeschooler just ask for the total attendance days at the end of the year or month by month?  With the other group, I handed the attendance in at the very end of the year but did have to break it down by month.

Section 59-65-47 (the homeschool option we operate under) mandates that parents maintain student records, so I don't ask for your records.

At the end of the year, you'll need to submit a form that states you completed the requirements of the law (including 180 days of attendance). If an agency asks for an audit of your records, I would need attendance records, samples, planner/journal, etc., then, but that's the only time I'll ask to see anything.

Warmly,

Dianna

1 person likes this