27 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

This is probably the only place where stalking won't get you thrown in jail, so have at it! ;)

Dianna

• Theresa Reed Stevenson likes this

#2 Melissa Thomas Arters

Melissa Thomas Arters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Not sure if I have to post to receive notifications. We have never been on one of these trips but hoping to make this one if the price/time work :)

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hi Melissa,

I think you're my first poster! Welcome! :)

You're welcome to ask any questions here, and I'll also announce trip details here as soon as Disney confirms my dates (they've been swamped, but said they would try to confirm by the end of next week).

Also, if you haven't subscribed to my mailing list (see http://www.carolinah...acommunity.html), that's also a great way to get the latest trip announcements via email.

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 hawaiianatheart

hawaiianatheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

WooHoo! Let the Disney stalking begin!!!  :P

• Debra and skdrennan like this

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

And it will! Someone just asked me if he could upload his photos from the 2012 trip. I wonder if he'd mind uploading to the gallery to see if it works okay?

#6 Melissa Alderman

Melissa Alderman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Really really hoping to be able to join y'all this year. I am waiting the dates and other pertinent info about the trip to approach my dh. So, hopefully even though we may possibly have to go without him that we may be able to afford it and not hurt us financially. Praying all goes with the finalization of everything in the coming weeks.

Thanks for (hopefully) making thisw possible.

~Melissa

Edited by Melissa Alderman, 09 February 2013 - 12:51 AM.

• hawaiianatheart likes this

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Melissa, you're welcome. It shouldn't be much longer. Universal and SeaWorld are set. Usually Disney is the first to confirm, but they've been swamped with a lot of spring break school groups wanting to register at the last minute, so they have to take care of them first.

#8 Rebecca Pardede

Rebecca Pardede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hi Dianna,

Our family really want to join you. But I have to confess, I'm unfamiliar with sorting accommodations, particularly overseas, too much if there's a little miscommunication. Is this year the first that accommodation will need to be arranged by families themselves? If so, we might be out of the picture.

Kind regards,
Becky

#9 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hi Dianna,

Our family really want to join you. But I have to confess, I'm unfamiliar with sorting accommodations, particularly overseas, too much if there's a little miscommunication. Is this year the first that accommodation will need to be arranged by families themselves? If so, we might be out of the picture.

Kind regards,
Becky

Becky, are you the family from Australia? I usually don't do group rooms, but did in 2011 because we got a great deal at the Contemporary. And last year, the Swan gave us a good rate. But I can't find a good rate (under $200) this year for a hotel on Disney property.

Even if I had a group hotel (and I still might if they change their mind and go low enough for me), then you would still need to call them to make your reservations (using our group code). But I can still help you. Let me know what kind of accommodations you're looking for and I can give you recommendations. Do you want to be on property, or off-property? How many are in your family? What amenities are important to you? What is your budget?

Warmly,
Dianna

#10 Debra

Debra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Mornin Dianna,
This may be to early to ask but are we able to choose the food option for Disney or not? I would like to have that so we can budget better.

#11 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Mornin Dianna,
This may be to early to ask but are we able to choose the food option for Disney or not? I would like to have that so we can budget better.

Debra, you can do the free dining if it's offered while we're there, or you can pay for the dining plan if you want it. However, in order to get either, you'll have to pay for a 2-day ticket on top of what you pay for our tickets. We've found that we spend less, and eat better, by not eating on Disney property and using the dining plan, even if it's free. I think I have more dining info in a file somewhere. I'll dig it up and post it here, too.

Warmly,

Dianna

#12 Tracie Johnson McGinniss

Tracie Johnson McGinniss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well we are going in September but I love stalking your plans.
  • Dianna likes this

#13 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just a note that I've moved the posts that talked about where to stay to the Hotels, timeshares, whatever folder. (Hey, I'm over 40, so I can't remember anything past a minute... but the title is something like that. ;)  ).

Dianna

• Robin Harrison Axelberd likes this

#14 Rebecca Pardede

Rebecca Pardede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hi Dianna,
In case you were wondering why hadn't answered, I'm madly packing to move. So sorting, packing and culling for 8 things collected over the years.

Might be 2 weeks till I can sit down and concentrate. Hope that's ok.

Cheers
Becky

#15 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Rebecca, no worries! We'll be here whenever you need us. :)

Dianna

#16 Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa Reed Stevenson

Theresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRockmart, Georgia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Proud to be  a Stalker!! Did I just type that?? haha... :)

• Dianna likes this

#17 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

LOL, Theresa! Everyone, feel free to start new topics. You're not limited to the ones I've created... chat all you like.

Dianna

#18 Jaxbeachmom

Jaxbeachmom

Disney Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Has a date been set yet? I may have missed this and I just want to be sure I didn't...:)

Jacksonville Homeschool Kids
www.jaxhomeschoolkids.com

#19 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Not yet - still waiting for Disney to confirm my dates. I'll announce via my mailing list (http://www.carolinah...acommunity.html) and here, and Facebook, when it is.

Dianna

#20 Jaxbeachmom

Jaxbeachmom

Disney Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you very much...:)

Jacksonville Homeschool Kids
www.jaxhomeschoolkids.com