6 replies to this topic

#1 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Does anyone know what's up with that?  I realize this isn't part of the scheduled trip but we had hoped to go while we were down there.  It used to be $8 per homeschooled student and $25 for others - and you don't need to go with a group.  However, their website has it ending in May.  (It was only on Mondays, so keep that in mind too if you're keeping your fingers crossed for the discount to show up on there sometime).

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Maybe they're changing the rate and the current rate is good through May. Or maybe they're not certain about extending the program. Email them to see and let us know. This is a popular add-on for many families.

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

We are taking our kids there this fall too and I actually emailed them about this very question. Below is the response I got. I didn't find it very helpful, since she wouldn't commit to anything. I ended up buying our tickets online through a discount link where kids were free with adult ticket purchase because I didn't want to chance there not being homeschool days (unfortunately, I think this promo is over...it was through McDonalds). If your kids get the Lego magazine, there is usually a B1G1 free coupon in those that you could bring with you in case they don't do homeschool days in September.

------------------------------------------------

Dear Stefanie,

Thank you for your interest in LEGOLAND.  We have home school days every Monday (except for holidays) until May 19, 2014 at this point. Children are $8.56 and adults are $26.75. Please call to make your reservation at 877-350-5346 at least 2 days in advance. A non refundable payment will be required at the time of booking. We accept Visa or Master Card. We do not know if it will be extended beyond spring but it will be updated on our website if it is extended.

Sincerely,

April Abbott | Call Center Associate

#4 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Thanks - I had emailed them too - and got a one liner about not knowing about the future of it.  I was hoping someone else got something more helpful.  The BOGO still isn't exactly cheap though - since we would still need 3 tickets for our family of 5.  We did go last November, so I can't rationalize the BOGO cost, especially with the Disney tickets having enough to do.  My kids did enjoy LEGOLAND though.  Fingers crossed!

#5 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yipppeeee!  I just checked the website and it's back on there - but it's gone up in pricely slightly to $10 for the kids.  (Still $25 for the others).  It also includes some Thursdays and Fridays, not just Mondays.

Edited by kohlby, 19 April 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#6 Palmettosweetheart

Palmettosweetheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

What is Legoland and where can we find info? I'm only seeing florida.legoland.com and that seems to be almost as expensive as the other big parks. Am I missing something?

#7 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

That's the right LEGOLAND, but you need to go to the homeschool days section for the good rate.  http://florida.legol...me-School-Days/

• Palmettosweetheart likes this