#21 Chatterbox1213

Chatterbox1213

DisNerd/Whovian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hh my goodness, I just booked our campsite! Kind of spur of the moment. Still haven't bought our tickets on here yet. Better start saving pronto, haha. We are not staying very long. nov. 14-20. We do WDW often but have never tent camped. Any advice what are must bring or fun to have items? 

• Dianna and skdrennan like this

#22 skdrennan

skdrennan

NatureLovingMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMcCormick, SC

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hh my goodness, I just booked our campsite! Kind of spur of the moment. Still haven't bought our tickets on here yet. Better start saving pronto, haha. We are not staying very long. nov. 14-20. We do WDW often but have never tent camped. Any advice what are must bring or fun to have items? 

Will you be in a tent or camper?  We joined the group back in 2012 and tent camped for 2 weeks at Disney!  We brought along an air mattress for the tent and that made a world of difference after a long day at the parks!  That year, we went in December so I was pretty unsure what to expect with the weather but it actually ended up being PERFECT for tent camping.  It was warm enough during the day to wear shorts and swim at the campground pool and the water parks but it also got cool enough at night that we didn't get too hot in our stuffy tent!  I packed a tent safe heater and we never even pulled it out of the box!  It is also nice that Orlando doesn't get as much rain during Nov and Dec.  During our 2 weeks there, we only had one night of rain!  My tips..Fort Wilderness is HUGE and other than getting in and out of your camp spot, you can't really use your car because there are no parking spots..you will need bikes or a golf cart.  Also, if you have room when packing, plan for cold weather and rain JUST IN CASE!  Nothing worse than a wet soggy sleeping bag inside your cold tent!  Make sure to take time for Chip and Dales campfire and outdoor movie..bring marshmallow roasting supplies!  Also, make sure to take the boat to MK at least once..our little one LOVED that!  Bet you guys are going to LOVE camping at Fort Wilderness!  We will be there with you and we can HARDLY WAIT!

• Chatterbox1213 likes this

#23 Chatterbox1213

Chatterbox1213

DisNerd/Whovian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

we will be tent camping. we did the cabins a few years ago and it was one of our favorite tips. Thanks for reminding me about not being able to really utilize the car. will have to load the bikes. does disney provide the tents or do we bring our own? also, id there a grill? i have a camp stove but will be limited on my packing space. I hadn't thought about a heater since it's been in the triple digits around here lately. good idea just in case. 

#24 skdrennan

skdrennan

NatureLovingMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMcCormick, SC

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

we will be tent camping. we did the cabins a few years ago and it was one of our favorite tips. Thanks for reminding me about not being able to really utilize the car. will have to load the bikes. does disney provide the tents or do we bring our own? also, id there a grill? i have a camp stove but will be limited on my packing space. I hadn't thought about a heater since it's been in the triple digits around here lately. good idea just in case. 

You may be able to rent a tent but we brought our own.  There are grills but no fire pit.  Each campsite has a grill, picnic table, and electric/water hook ups.  Please feel free to ask if you think of any other questions.  Our family camps quite a bit and Fort Wilderness Campground has been one of the nicest we have ever stayed in!

• Chatterbox1213 likes this

#25 the5coops

the5coops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

skdrennan, We will be at the Fort!  We have 4 other families coming as well.  We are very excited to return to Disney with Carolina Homeschooler.  

• Dianna and skdrennan like this

#26 skdrennan

skdrennan

NatureLovingMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMcCormick, SC

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

skdrennan, We will be at the Fort!  We have 4 other families coming as well.  We are very excited to return to Disney with Carolina Homeschooler.

Yeahhh! We ❤️ Fort W.