#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

What is FastPass+?

Disney's original FastPass system let you reserve a time to ride certain attractions without having to wait in line. In the past, you'd get a paper FastPass ticket from a machine near each attraction and you'd go back to the attraction at the time printed on the ticket. You'd then bypass the regular line, and enter the shorter and faster FastPass line

The new FastPass+ system is getting rid of the machines and paper tickets and allows you to reserve them in advance (through the Disney website or app), or when you arrive at the park (through kiosks or the app). You can also make changes in your selections while at the park (through the app and kiosks).

Who can use the FastPass+ system? Is there an extra charge?
Everyone with a park ticket can use the FastPass+ system, whether you're with my group or not, whether you stay at a local Motel 6 or the most expensive resort on Disney property. You'll need tickets in hand to register them on the Disney website or app and reserve your Fastpass times. There is no extra charge for this.

When can I reserve my FastPass+ times?
If you're staying at a Disney Resort, including our group hotel, the Disney Dolphin, you can reserve your times 60 days in advance of our group dates. If you're staying off-property, you can reserve 30 days in advance.

How many attractions can I reserve through the FastPass+ system?

Initially you can reserve three per day at one park. After using those first three, you can make additional selections at the in-park kiosks (not via the app or website), one at a time. After you redeem that addition FastPass, you can make another selection, and so on. If you have park-hopping tickets (our tickets are hoppers), then you can make your additional selections at another park, but they must be made in the kiosks after the enter the new park.

I need more in-depth information about the FastPass+ system.
For more information about FastPass+, see this website, this website, and/or this one (whichever is the most helpful to you).

I have more questions... help!

Please post any questions you have here. I'll be happy to help!