1 reply to this topic

#1 Maria Bassett

Maria Bassett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Good afternoon!

We are a new to homeschooling and just sent in our application to join Carolina Homeschooler.  Having never been on trips like these, I was wondering if you could tell me what ages these events (the ecology events on Barrier Island and the plantation/fort tours) are geared for.  I also have some younger children and I'm wondering if other folks have found it relatively easy to manage younger siblings on trips like these, or ifs difficult/not recommended.  At that time my children will be ages 6, nearly 5, 3 and nearly 2.  I would definitely have my husband accompany!  Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!

Also, just wanted to say thanks for putting together such an awesome website/community.  Its a great resource and we are really looking forward to diving in on some of these trips and events. 

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,589 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi Maria,

These field trips would probably be most interesting to children ages 5 and up, but you can bring younger children, too. (Some of my trips have age/grade restrictions, but these don't.)

I really enjoy planning these trips for us and hope to add even more soon. I'm so glad you'll be joining us!

Warmly,
Dianna