livejoyful

Starting Waldorf-influenced Homeschooling this fall and had a question...

livejoyful

Hello! :)

We are all registered up with Carolina Homeschooler to start our first homeschooling year this fall for the 2014-2015 school year! Yay!  And we have actually nailed down what style we would like to start with and see how our daughter responds! Yay again!  Waldorf has just tugged at my heart since the beginning of the year when I began browsing methods and styles of homeschool, and we are super excited to dive in!  But I have a question that I have done research on but haven't been able to turn up an answer. 

This question may become irrelevant as I learn more about the Waldorf-Homeschooling process, but for curiosities sake I figured I would ask.

Do Waldorf homeschoolers grade their child's work as they get into the Grades 1-8 and onward into high school?    If so how exaclty, and if not how does this apply when/if ever the child decides to continue onto college?

I know it's a long time off and we are just getting started but it was a piece of information that I have yet to come across in reference to homeschooling in a Waldorf way.

Any information would be appreciated! :)

Jessica

• Like 1

Dianna

Hi Jessica, I'm so glad to have you as a member! I don't have experience with Waldorf, but I'll ask my members and followers and see if they can come in and answer your questions.

Warmly,

Dianna

Dianna

A reply I received: "I have studied & practiced Waldorf education for well over 10 years, and no, you do no give your child grades."

Warmly,

Dianna

livejoyful

Thank you so much Diana!

I appreciate your prompt response so very much!  And also the response from the person that replied!  That gives me a bit of insight!

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Sincerely,

Jessica

Dianna

Jessica, the lady you replied said that she would try to join the message boards soon. Hopefully she'll be able to give you more advice then.

Warmly,

Dianna