15 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Visit South Carolina's state parks with us during 2014-2015 and become an Outsider! If we succeed in visiting all 47 parks, we'll get a special Outsider t-shirt and a lot of great memories. We'll have picnics, hike trails, geocache, and participate in educational or cultural programs. Each visit will be different, but all will focus on building friendships, exploring SC's historic sites and natural resources, and spending quality family time together outside.

This group is for members only. More information is available here: http://www.carolinah...eloutsider.html

So far we've visited:

Chester State Park

Landsford Canal State Park

Andrew Jackson State Park

Please register for my Outsider's Group to find out where we're going next, and when! :)

Warmly,
Dianna

• TerribleTeaGuzzler and Carol Kamas Stewart like this

#2 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Is it okay if we plan to just go to a couple of the parks close to us?  And if so, do we still need to sign up officially?

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

You can go to whichever parks you choose, but if you want to attend any of the parks with my group, you'll need to register in case I plan any special park programs, etc. You don't have to purchase the guide and get it stamped each time, though.

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 Lilynkikismommy

Lilynkikismommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMount Pleasant, SC

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Barnett girls are in!!

• Dianna likes this
Diane Barnett

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Diane, do a registration form here http://www.carolinah...eloutsider.html and I'll add you to the group. I can't wait to get to the parks in your neck of the woods!

Warmly,

Dianna

#6 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Is the event for Chester State Park for this weekend still a go? What time should we plan on being there for those of us that have a ways to drive. We are looking forward to getting our first stamp in our passport and I assume we can purchase the passport at the park when we get there.  

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

You can purchase the passport at the park (take a look at the website to see the different levels). I'll email an update to everyone on my mailing list this evening. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Warmly,

Dianna

#8 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

For those doing the Outsider Program there is a Junior Ranger Program for the children. The State Park website has the activities that they have to complete. It is really simple and the children get to earn a Junior Ranger Badge and some prizes. 

Edited by MJL, 25 July 2014 - 06:59 AM.

• Dianna and TerribleTeaGuzzler like this

#9 TerribleTeaGuzzler

TerribleTeaGuzzler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Is there a list somewhere of the parks visited so far? We have been out of the country the last four weeks, but we'd like to catch up on the parks we have missed.

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Great question! I'll post the parks we've visited in the original post (the first one in this thread).

Warmly,

Dianna

• TerribleTeaGuzzler likes this

#11 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

(But we'll probably be visiting them again because we're using them to walk and exercise on weekends. Would you like to join us?)

• TerribleTeaGuzzler likes this

#12 TerribleTeaGuzzler

TerribleTeaGuzzler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Brilliant! Thank you! We will try and join you if possible - weekends are difficult because Emma has visitation every other weekend.

#13 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Just join us when you can, even if it's not all of them!

Warmly,
Dianna

#14 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Is there a way to know further in advance which parks you're doing?  We would have loved to go the park you're going to this weekend since it was closer than the others so far but we already made plans - just a day before you posted the park.

#15 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

I was worried about overwhelming everyone with too much info, but other families said the same thing, so I've been adding upcoming events to the bottom of each Outsider announcement. If you registered for the group and aren't getting the emails, please let me know.

Warmly,

Dianna

#16 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Thanks!  I somehow didn't notice that at the bottom of the most recent email.  I just checked and it was indeed there.  :)