• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oklamom

Oklamom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

The Sept. trip seemed far off until we received our tickets. Now my family is super excited!

We have been several times before and so ds is familiar with the attractions, and now each day we play "Where am I?" One person picks a specific place at WDW and we take turns asking questions until we "find" them. Lots of fun and we relive the sights and sounds and smells of Disney :)

Anybody else getting excited? What does your family do to count down the days or get ready for Disney? Any WDW tips to share to make our trip more magical?
  • Dianna likes this

#2 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

I'm super excited! I have been to WDW twice when I was kid...but that was a long time ago. It'll be my husband and two kids' (8 and 10) first time. We are actually going to be gone for 2 full weeks and doing a couple of beach days, Daytona Speedway, Legoland, Discovery Cove and Sea World along with all the Disney fun! We'll be exhausted, but I can't wait for this time with my family. Most likely it'll be our only trip to Florida since my husband doesn't like to travel too much...that's why we're doing so much while we're there.

I have my plan of which parks we want to be at on which days and I'm getting excited to be able to schedule my fastpass plus passes in a few days!

-Stefanie    :lol:

• Dianna likes this

#3 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

We're getting excited too.  I'm a little nervous about how FP+ will effect things, since I haven't been since that started.  It's meaning a little more planning than I'm used to.  In the past, we just used our knowledge of the parks for the planning.   We usually don't do well with heat - well, a couple of us.  So we were hesitant to go in Sept.  So, that will be another challenge for us.  I'm hoping it doesn't change our normal touring style too much.

We've done a paper chain countdown before, but not until much closer.  We also had one trip where we didn't tell the kids until right before we left.  They know about this trip though.

I've booked our Legoland tickets and figured out a rough idea of which parks we want to do which days.  Now it's just wait for reservation time for FP+ and decide when to buy our MNNSHP tickets. 

My biggest tips would be for families who aren't familiar with the attractions to do so.  My second tip would be to be flexible.  It's okay if your kids do a ride 3 times in a row or if thrill-ride loving parents discover they don't have kids like that.  (Or they have a kid with sensory issues who may refuse the majority of rides and expectations need to be majorly adjusted).  My third tip is a small one, but helped us immensely - sticky notes for those with younger kids.  The bathrooms are automatic flush in most places.  A sticky note over the sensor is better than having a child refuse to use the bathroom!  We bring them for our 8 year old.

• Dianna likes this

#4 squirrellyec

squirrellyec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

This will be our first time ever!!  We've been planning to go for the last 3 years and finally are making it happen.  So excited, but nervous too.  Haven't told the kids yet though and trying to figure out how and when to do it.  Thanks for the Legoland reminder!

#5 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

I have been at least 4 times. We went when my dd was 4 and my husband went. He is not the Disney type so we go without him. There is always something new to experience. Been near Christmas and enjoyed the lights at HS. Been in Sept and Oct so we saw a lot of costumes for MNSSHP which we almost signed up for this year. We decided to do Hoop de Doo Revue instead because we like musical theater and slapstick. Didn't enjoy Fastasmic but A LOT of people do. Too crowded and too many villains for us. Always love La Nouba and the behind the scenes tour are great. Had free dining on most trips but it is a lot of food and restricts spontaneity. We are staying at AOA then POP since it will be just the 2 of us. Cannot wait!
  • squirrellyec likes this

#6 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Got our Magic Bands today. Getting closer.
  • Dianna likes this

#7 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

I got a Be Our Guest Fast Pass for lunch. Yay! So excited.

#8 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

I got a Be Our Guest Fast Pass for lunch. Yay! So excited.

I am hoping we can get in there on Thursday the 11th for lunch.  Unfortunately we are staying at the Dolphin and it is not "Disney".   I wish I could get a fastpass.

#9 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

You can get a fastpass to any event, regardless of where you're staying. Is that what you meant?

#10 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

The Disboards said I could only get a fastpass to Be Our Guest Lunch if we were staying on Disney property.  This was not a perk to Dolphin people.

Edited by bless9ings, 28 August 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#11 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

That must be something new (I haven't been keeping up with the Be Our Guest hype). If it's important to you, you may want to call Disney directly to ask.