Maria B

Spanish classes

Maria B

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Spanish program for the younger kids? I have a 4 and 6 year-old who did some Spanish in their pre-school/kindergarten.  I'd like them to continue with it, at least be exposed as they enjoyed it.  I had picked out a tutor who was going to come to the house, then she had an abrupt career change..to a pet sitter?  (Apparently I can't pick them too well...).  Anyway, I'm thinking more like something computer or video based, such that they are hearing it and exposed to it, and then when they are older enrolling them in a class somewhere. 

Anyone have anything they like?  I know the public library gives us free access to MUZZY online, so I may give that a shot.

Jen

We have used the Muzzy online a few times and I think we will continue with it. Mine are 7 and 10.

squirrellyec

Jumpstart has a PC game for Spanish.  We've used it some.  I pick up materials whenever I find them though.  There are workbooks and activity pads available at the dollar store and walmart many times.  Whenever something catches my eye, I snatch it up.  My daughter is 9 this year and I'm pulling out my old Spanish textbooks for high school.  I've also gotten kids songs in Spanish and have a set of Sesame Street books that have a page or two with vocabulary.  Sesame Street might also be a good resource.  http://www.sesamestreet.org/videos#media/video_0dbc9d37-81f9-4039-8926-058cfc9f2d78