Photo

Looking for Group (Possibly in Charleston area?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karen Elliott

Karen Elliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hello!
We currently live in Nashville, but are looking to move to SC in the next couple of years. Where we go would be mostly determined by where we can find a homeschool group similar to our present one. We are a part of a group that was started to minister to homeschooling moms, with classes for kids nursery through high school. Moms are required to attend (it's not a drop off program) and go to Bible Study, committees, small groups, etc. The group has evolved into a tutorial for 7-12th graders, where they can take a minimum of two classes, and the option for all of them one day per week, doing work at home the other days. Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar group? I love the focus on the mom's weekly Bible Study and fellowship. Our whole family leaves refreshed and ready to finish our week strong.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • Lorietta Purpura likes this

#2 Andrea Griffin Pratt

Andrea Griffin Pratt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

We have a large number of groups in the area- most are found on FB.

#3 r5grant

r5grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

I live in Summerville, not very far from Charleston. I'm not aware of any groups like the one you're looking for, but I, myself, just started homeschooling last month.

Like the previous person said, you can find homeschool groups on Facebook, which I have found plenty, but have yet to meet anybody face-to-face.