• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaWilhoite

MelissaWilhoite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

It was my understanding that we could get fastpasses at 60 days out, but it's not letting me. We're staying at Pop Century, but it only seems to care whether I bought a room/ticket package! Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Melissa

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Melissa, have you linked your room reservation and ticket numbers at the My Disney Experience website? If yes, are you sure you're 60 days out? (I'm arriving on September 5, and my 60-days out starts tomorrow - on the 7th.)

Warmly,
Dianna

#3 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

You should be able to. Have you linked your park tickets to your My Disney Experience account? You have to have linked tickets in order to book your Fastpass Plus reservations. Then you can book for as many days as your tickets are for. For instance, we're staying at our resort for 10 nights/11 days, but the park tickets are for 7 days. I was able to book for 7 days total within that 11 day time-frame. Hope that makes sense.

We are booked at All-Star Sports with a check-in date of Sept 1 and I was able to book my FP+ reservations on July 2 at midnight (July 3 was my 60 days out date. So, as long as your check-in date for your hotel is Sept 4 or earlier, you should be able to book your FP+ if you're tickets are linked to your account already.

Hope that helps!

-Stefanie  :)

#4 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

Don't forget that if you really want to book as soon as your FP+ booking window opens up, that you can technically book them at midnight the night before (it was 11:00 pm for me since I'm in the central timezone). Although, I've heard of some people not being able to until 1:00 am unfortunately.

-Stefanie

#5 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

It has to be 60 days out from your arrival date.  It will only show 30 days out until you get to the 60 day window.  Also be warned that they don't always switch at midnight.  I'm arrive Sept 6th and just finished mine a few minutes ago - but it didn't let me do it until 1am.  Yawn.

#6 MelissaWilhoite

MelissaWilhoite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Well, it's past my arrival date and it still won't let me book them.  It only opens up to August 8th!  All my tickets are linked and everything!  Very frustrating!  I'll call Disney I guess! Such a bummer!

Melissa *o*

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Melissa, have you changed the calendar date to September, and do you have your room reservation linked? You must have both room tickets and room confirmation number linked in order to make reservations.

#8 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

^^^^  That was going to be my suggestion.  Get on My Disney Experience and make sure both your tickets and room are linked.  You'll have to enter your room confirmation number as well as all of the ticket numbers.  Also, I don't know what day you're arriving, but make sure it's 60 days or less, not 2 months as that's a little more than 60 days.

Edited by kohlby, 09 July 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#9 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I had a terrible time getting my Fastpasses to work. I called Disney 3 times and finally got someone who knew how to fix the problem. The 1st two operators said I had to wait until the 11th even though my magnet they sent me said the 10th as well as the email they sent me. The 3rd technician said I was supposed to choose Fastpasses on the 10th and I was right. The problem was that I had created duplicate guests on my account and couldn't figure out how to delete them. This messed up my dates. He worked and cleaned up my account and I was able to immediately select the Fastpasses. The app is a little tricky. You think you have to choose the suggested times but you don't. I am all set now and look forward to Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror. I hate you can't choose a Toy Story and Aerosmith coaster at the same time. Hopefully the lines will be short and we can select More after we use these up.

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Janey, definitely choose Toy Story first. Rock n Roller Coaster is the next longest wait, then Tower of Terror is the least out of the three (in my experience).

Warmly,
Dianna

#11 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Dianna. The FP has forced me to do more planning which I think will be beneficial to get more out of our magical experience.

#12 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

My suggestion would be to get there for rope drop and do Aerosmith coaster immediately without a FP.  The lines shouldn't be long immediately after the park opens.  Don't wait until after you use your three FP for it. 

Toy Story Mania lines get longer faster.  We're still planning on going there at rope drop - but that's because we want to do it twice that day.

• Janey Hathcock likes this

#13 Janey Hathcock

Janey Hathcock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Never used Fastpasses as they are usually gone. I think this will be better. I plan on going early, napping or swimming in a afternoon and going back at night.

#14 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Janey, you may find that you don't even need the fastpasses if you go at rope-drop each morning. We're going during one of the lowest crowd times of the year, so mornings will probably be walk-on, or very low wait-times. Evenings will be more crowded and may require fastpasses, but wait times then should still be better than most other times of the year.

#15 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

We usually go in Nov/Dec, which is low to low-moderate crowds while Sept is supposed to be low.  My guess is that FP+ is only going to be essential for certain rides from what I've read. When we go in Nov/Dec, we really didn't need regular FP for most, just a few key ones. 

Since you can pick 3, that will cover most.  For parks where you can't pick all of these rides, simply being there at rope drop and doing the other solves this issue.  I would still plan on FP+ if you're doing Anna & Elsa and 7 Dwarfs - as those could possibly get very long lines right away if you're not at the very front at Rope Drop.  Toy Story Mania does get long lines, but they can handle a lot of people so going immediately should get you one ride without a huge wait.  A&E is very slow though, so even a short wait with people can be a long wait with time.  7 Dwarfs is the newest ride, so many go there first.

Our touring plan is rope drop every day - which is how we've always done it as the kids don't sleep in anyway.  We're commando types at the start of the day, then we slow it down after lunch.  One of my concerns is the heat and thunderstorms, so our fastpasses aren't for very late in the day.  A mid-day break has never worked well for us, but we've never been in Sept either.  (And one of my kids desperately needs her sleep making coming back in the evening tough).  We will start our FP at 10 or 11 five of the days.  (There are two days where we don't start FP+ until after 12 due to park hopping and the educational class).   All of the essentials are covered with either rope drop of FP+ so I'm not too worried about using our FP a little earlier than probably recommended in general.  I don't know how we'll do in the heat and I have three wildcards, I mean kids, to plan around.  I'd rather use FP+ earlier than we need to than feel that we must stay in the parks when the kids need to leave.  That way, we have the flexibility to plan around the kids and can still do our commando morning and switch to relaxed and figure it out as we go then.