Photo

When to start for 2014 to 2015 school year?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Letticia Garcia-Craps

Letticia Garcia-Craps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hey all!  We will be starting kindergarten this year, but had a question:  when should we start?  We did a bit of preschool but with summer here, we have been just relaxing and enjoying the heat!  So, what are the recommendations?  I want to be sure that I get my curriculum ordered in enough time!  Thanks for the input!

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hi Letticia, you can start at any time. If you go on field trips this summer, you can count those as part of your 180 requirement. If you'd rather follow a traditional school calendar, then you can start in August sometime, and go through May or so. You can school Monday-Friday, 4 days a week, weekends, holidays, mornings, nights, whatever you want. As homeschoolers, we're free to decide when, where, and what to learn.

Warmly,
Dianna

#3 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Are you doing kindergarten officially - like through an accountability group?  If so, then anytime but make sure to document 180 days, any days of the week is fine and any time of year.  Check with the accountability group you use to see what date it needs to be done by.  With PIE, June 30th was the end by date but with Carolina Homeschooler, May 31 was the end by.   If you did the waiver instead, then you don't even have to do kindergarten!