#1 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Is the only way to get in to Be Our Guest for lunch is to stand in line?  I was planning on using a fast pass, but on the Disboards they said it is only for Disney guests?  We are staying at the Dolphin.

Is anyone planning on going?  Can you just walk in to look around without a reservation?  Do you still have to stand in line?  Does anyone have reservations? 

Also, I need to look into fast pass for Anna/Elsa.  Anyone know anything, is that a regular fast pass.

Edited by bless9ings, 09 July 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#2 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi! I'm not sure on the BOG item. If no one here knows, I'd ask on the Disboards...someone from there probably knows. I do think I remember reading on there at one point that you are only allowed in to look around if you're there to eat. You can have lunch or go at an off-time and just have dessert too. I read on the disboards that they are open for lunch from 11am-2:30pm.

Yes, you need a regular FP+ for Anna & Elsa. Are you able to book at 60 days out when staying at the Dolphin? If you really want this FP+, you might want to stay up the night before your FP+ window opens since it technically opens the night before at midnight and these FP+'s go right away because they are very popular.

HTH!

Stefanie

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

If you're checking in on September 7 or earlier and are staying at the Dolphin, you'll be able to book your fastpasses now. My daughter-in-law reserved the Anna and Elsa fastpass yesterday, and didn't have a problem. If the BOG is eligble for fastpass reservations, then you'll be able to reserve that, too.

Dianna

#4 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

We are checking in the 9th.

Do you know around what time she reserved for Anna and Elsa?  midnight?   As soon as the phone lines opened?  Did she do it online?

#5 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

You reserve A&E at the same place as the other fastpasses, at My Disney Experience online.  I waited up and it did not change at midnight for me, but at 1 am.  So, either be prepared to stay up late or do it the next morning.  We didn't want A&E fastpasses but I've heard that you no longer need to stay up until midnight/1am to get them - that there are still plenty left the next day.  However, I wouldn't chance it too long just in case and get them within the first day that you can so you can get the times that you want.

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

You need to do it 60 days out, which would be July 11th. My daughter-in-law didn't do it at midnight or 1:00 am. It was in the evening of the first or second day... can't remember exactly.

Sometime today, set up your MyDisneyExperience account here: https://disneyworld....ey.go.com/plan/

You'll have to connect your Disney ticket numbers and Dolphin confirmation number to your account, then once you hit the 60-day-out mark, you'll be able to begin reserving. Don't stress - just set everything up now, so the day you're able to make the reservations you won't have to try to get everything set up and working... you'll already be connected.

Dianna

#7 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

My account was already set up years ago.  I am a bit bewildered.  I set up some account for vacation planning through Disney years ago, but I don't remember what it was called.  I didn't care for it so it didn't have much in it.  So when I went to do a MDE a few months ago it said I already had an account.  It didn't have any of my old planning in there.  I started using it not knowing much about it at first and then caught on with the Disney Dining reservations.  As I have continued to read all the updates (since our last trip in 2008) on Disboards.com  I obviously by now know it is crucial now to going to Disney where as before it was just a helpful tool.

I had not put the Disney cards in there because when I called Disney weeks ago I didn't get a very good associate and she left me not sure whether or not I needed to change my second room name to my husbands, so I could have all the correct names in the room.  She said yeah you can call the Dolphin, but she didn't seem to knowledgable.  And when I called the Dolphin I got another not so knowledgable girl that seemed to just want to go to the next call.  The funny thing is those two operators are the only two that I have had a problem with since this trip.  Both Disney and Dolphin associates have been great with those two exceptions.  And it was over the same question.

I just called and Disney said, it will not effect anything to keep the reservation in my name on both rooms.  The only thing I need to do is put my cards in MDE and assign them to each person and mark on the card with a sharpie who's who.  She didn't actually say it, the disboards did, but she highly agreed and mentioned it again before we ended the call.

#8 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I haven't fully researched it, but what fast pass selections is everyone making?

I know we will be doing the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Elsa and Anna.

My five year old Anna has fallen in love with that movie.  She actually play acts out some scenes, it is the cutest thing.  I was rather shocked the first time she did it!  A visitor was over and she started in with the voices of Anna and the Olaf.  She did their voices and everything.  It was hillarious.  I didn't know we had an actor in the making.  lol

Do you think her name has anything to do with it!!!!

Edited by bless9ings, 09 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#9 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Has anyone read up on the fastpasses?  I have a bit.  I am thinking I am going to do them for later in the day, after lunch or I don't think I can.  Now what was it I read?  Did you have to do 3 in the morning before lunch then you could get a 4th for later?  Oh to research...what have you all done?

Any tatics of your planning you care to share?

#10 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Here is our plan for our Disney days (we're also doing a couple beach days, Legoland, Discovery Cove/Sea World and Daytona Speedway).

9-2: Animal Kingdom until about 3 pm w/no FP+; Magic Kingdom at night where we'll watch the evening parade and fireworks with FP+: Splash Mtn @ 6:05p, Big Thunder Mtn RR @ 7:05p, & Parade @ 8:40p

9-3: Hollywood Studios all day with FP+: Toy Story Mania @9:15a, Star Tours @ 11:30a, Tower of Terror @1:05p, then I'm going to try for extra FP+ for either Rock n Rollercoaster, another Toy Story, or the Fantasmic show

9-4: Typhoon Lagoon until about 2 pm; Epcot at night with FP+: Test Track @ 3:30p, Mission Space @ 4:35p, & Spaceship Earth @ 5:35p, then I might see if there are any extra FP+ for IllumiNations

9-6: Epcot all day with FP+: Turtle Talk w/Crush @ 9:40a, Spaceship Earth @ 10:40a, & Test Track @ 1:30p (we are going to head to Soarin' right away when we get there in the morning before there are long lines).

9-8: Animal Kingdom - we're doing the education class this morning. Since this is the only WDW park we're going to this day, I did make FP+ reservations for Kali River Rapids at 11:00a, Expedition Everest @ 12pm, & Dinosaur @ 1pm (I'm going to try to move up the time on this one as soon as we finish at EE, so that we can leave the park earlier). Then we're going to head over to Blizzard Beach and Downtown Disney that afternoon/evening.

9-9: Magic Kingdom all day w/FP+: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train @10:30a, Enchanted Tales @11:30a, & Anna/Elsa @ 12:50p. Then I'm going to try for more FP+ at Peter Pan, Rapunzel/Cinderella, Space Mountain, Tinkerbell.

9-10: This is our last day where we'll decide where we want to go. We'll still have one WDW park ticket left, as well as our free passes to Sea World & Aquatica and our waterpark and more options that come with the WDW tickets. So, we'll plan to head back to our favorites or anything we missed along the way. I did reserve FP+ though at Magic Kingdom in case we didn't hit a few of the popular rides the day before and want to get them on this day: Peter Pan @9:00a, Rapunzel/Cinderella @ 10am, & Seven Dwarfs @ 11am.

HTH!

-Stefanie

#11 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone read up on the fastpasses?  I have a bit.  I am thinking I am going to do them for later in the day, after lunch or I don't think I can.  Now what was it I read?  Did you have to do 3 in the morning before lunch then you could get a 4th for later?  Oh to research...what have you all done?

Any tatics of your planning you care to share?

As you can tell from my last post, mine vary, but I'm going to use my FP+ earlier in the day on the days I'm at a park all day in hopes or a 4th (or more) FP+.

I'd start with deciding which park you want to go to on which day. I used the easywdw website and am going with a lot of the recommended days. After you know where you're going to be, figure out what you sort of want to do each day and I'd pick FP+ for the rides that might have the longest wait times. I based my times on which part of the park we'll be in in the morning or afternoon so I don't have to backtrack a bunch just to get to my FP+ rides.

#12 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

For choosing FP+, you need to consider both what are priorities for your family and what can get long lines.  For example, Peter Pan is not a high priority for my family, but those lines can get long so we did use a FP+ for it since we do want to do it at least once on this trip.

Some of the rides that have the longest lines:  Anna & Elsa, Toy Story Mania, Test Track, Soarin', Safari, Expedition Everest, Rock n Roller Coaster.  There are more that can get long lines, but not as crazy, like the Mountains at MK, Peter Pan, Tower or Terror,etc. 

As for our plan, we are using our 3 FP+ sometime between 10-2 on five of our days.  (Though we haven't reserved them for two days yet since we're doing a split stay and the rest is off-site).  We've never been in Sept before and tour when it's cooler - so I'm not sure how we'll handle the heat.  Also, late afternoon thunderstorms occur more often than early ones.  We can always get more FP+ later, if we need them.  (Though don't expect to be able to get A&E, Toy Story Mania, or 7 Dwarfs later). With the old FP system, we found there were many rides that we did not need them for anyway due to low crowds.  (In Epcot, we've never needed a FP for anything other than Soarin and Test Track for example).  On the other two days, our FP+ are in the afternoon - as we have the education class one morning and we're doing one day with a hop - starting at AK and hoping to DHS and wanted to use the FP+ for DHS.  But we did them as early in the afternoon as possible, as we've learned it's nice to have maximum flexibility for late in the day so we can figure out what we're doing based on how the kids are doing. 

When you plan your FP+ consider what part of the park they're in as well.  In DHS, it's not as big of a deal.  But in MK, you could end up doing way too much walking if you don't plan them well.  Consider meal times too.  Since our FP+ are all somewhere near lunch time, I wanted to make sure there was some place I'd actually want to eat nearby.  This was an issue in Epcot, as there's really only one place in Future World we like to eat lunch and our kids don't do a late lunches well normally - making getting very far into World Showcase difficult. 

Edited by kohlby, 09 July 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#13 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

question.

I just called and Disney said, it will not effect anything to keep the reservation in my name on both rooms.  The only thing I need to do is put my cards in MDE and assign them to each person and mark on the card with a sharpie who's who.  She didn't actually say it, the disboards did, but she highly agreed and mentioned it again before we ended the call.

I asked on disboards and from some responses decided to call Disney again, but this time I asked for MDE  and was sent to the help desk. 

He said there is two problems.

# 1 if this doesn't get fixed your daughter will not be able to book fp until 30 days out because our system does not recognize her as a guest staying at the Dolphin.

#2 If this doesn't get fixed now then if the Dolphin gets magic bands before your stay there will be a bigger problem and we are the only ones that is going to be able to fix it. Either now or in the park when you get here. The Dolphin will be calling us to get this straightened out.

#14 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

I don't understand what needs to be fixed... what is the problem? I have two rooms at the Dolphin, I linked my confirmation numbers in my MDE account, linked my tickets to each individual person in my party, made my FastPass reservations, and that's it. What exact problem are you having?

#15 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

The Dolphin's reservation comes into MDE system with my name on both rooms and I was not able to edit it and Disney can't either.  They said the Dolphin is the only one who can change it.

I tried getting it straightened out tonight, but I finally figured out that I did call the Dolphin directly, but was thrown into the Starwood reservations system because it was after hours.  That is probably what happened the first time two weeks ago.  The supervisor was confused at first too and said what is My  Disney Experience, is it points?  He finally said you have to call during business hours directly to the Dolphin.  I can not even touch it because of the type of reservation it is. (under your group)

Is there anyone I should ask to speak to?

#16 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Why is having your name on both rooms a problem? I'm sorry, I feel like I'm not being helpful to you at all because I don't understand what's not working.

#17 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I finally understand the issue now (from your post in the other thread). Read over there for my reply. :)

#18 Donna Palinkas Donato

Donna Palinkas Donato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw, NC

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Tickets for the Mickey's not so scary halloween party are separate?

#19 Donna Palinkas Donato

Donna Palinkas Donato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw, NC

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Dianna, Is the Animal Kingdoms class in the a.m. a safari type thing -?

#20 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Yes, MNSSHP is a hard ticket event - so it's separate. 

Edited by kohlby, 29 August 2014 - 12:09 PM.